icon

Flat capacitors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
_Keith_ 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

I have seen the caps that are teh flat ones like 8x8 or so. Was wondering who makes em....

Thanks

SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
I know stinger makes a flat cap but they are like 35 farads, PG might make one I think.  There is also Batcap but I am unfamiliar with them.
_Keith_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks that helped me find the one I saw before the alumapro
_Keith_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
ok I really want somthing digital... any ideas guys the stinger one is just way to big I want a 5 or 10 or 15 farad yea but the size of the cap of stinger is insane
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
Phoenix Gold make the power cores. They come in the 15 farad and 20 farad sizes. These caps are also distro blocks. It has 1/0 power and ground hookups and 4 four gauge power and ground hookups. These caps also have extremely low ESR (I think that's the right term) and a some of the best caps made.
Paul
_Keith_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

Francious70 wrote:
Phoenix Gold make the power cores. They come in the 15 farad and 20 farad sizes. These caps are also distro blocks. It has 1/0 power and ground hookups and 4 four gauge power and ground hookups. These caps also have extremely low ESR (I think that's the right term) and a some of the best caps made.
Paul

Looked on there site didnt see any flat caps just dist blocks

SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

I am most familiar with Stinger because that is what I deal, but they make a 20 farad model:

SHDH20- 20 farads of total capacitance! Blue anodized aluminum housing with chrome and satin-chrome accents with translucent blue end-caps, 4-digit super-bright blue LED voltage display, internal super-bright blue LEDs create backlit lighting effects. Built-in power distribution, both power and ground accept one 1/0ga input with three 4 or 8ga outputs or combination of one each.

DIMENSIONS: 9 1/2” L x 7 1/8” W x 2 3/4” H

Their Pro line is not as cool looking but it comes in 5 and 10 farads.

Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
The PG Power core's are no longer made, but you can still find them floating around on the net.
http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=5790078632&category=75387&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1
Paul
_Keith_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
SoundAudio wrote:

I am most familiar with Stinger because that is what I deal, but they make a 20 farad model:

SHDH20- 20 farads of total capacitance! Blue anodized aluminum housing with chrome and satin-chrome accents with translucent blue end-caps, 4-digit super-bright blue LED voltage display, internal super-bright blue LEDs create backlit lighting effects. Built-in power distribution, both power and ground accept one 1/0ga input with three 4 or 8ga outputs or combination of one each.

DIMENSIONS: 9 1/2” L x 7 1/8” W x 2 3/4” H

Their Pro line is not as cool looking but it comes in 5 and 10 farads.

Got a site for this?

bhawkins 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen some made by voodoo car audio about 1.2 farad.
http://www.voodoocaraudio.com/
and i know someone who has ordered thiers from
http://www.cmttrading.com/
i dont know about quality of them becasue he had a problem with his, but he is rough with stuff.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic