Beginner Installing Scytek 5100rs Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Boattow 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I apologize for these basic questions but I've never installed an alarm and haven't found the answers anywhere.  I am wanting to install the asianwolf version of the Scytek 5100rs alarm

http://www.scytek.net/pdf/Galaxy%205100RS-2W.pdf

I have the 456G interface module which allows connections for press once to unlock driver's side door and press twice for the rest of the doors.  I have the 457G interface which has the passlock II and doorlock interface but it doesn't appear to have the press once and press twice feature of the 456G.  Do I use both interfaces, the 456G for the door locks and the 457G for the remote starter feature in the alarm?

I ran connections to the battery for the power connections to the alarm module.  I'm not clear on the 6pin starter harness.  For the starter, ign#1, ign#2, and accessory outputs, do I strip back the wires at the harness and connect them or do I cut the wires and connect them to the side that goes into the switch side of the wires so that the alarm is strictly providing the voltages?  On the 20pin harness there is a 12v ign input wire, do I connect the other side of the Pink ign#1 wire (that was going into the ignition switch) to this wire and tape off the rest of the wires?  I hope this is clear.

Are there any online tutorials that go into this kind of detail?  I haven't been able to find one.  The manual, interface modules, and the wiring diagram seem to use the terms input and output interchangeably and is a bit confusing.  Also, I'd be interested if there is anyone in the Houston area who installs alarms that would be interested in installing this if I decide to go that way.

Thanks,

FJ

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
What year, make and model is your vehicle?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Beginner Installing Scytek 5100rs Alarm -- posted image.
Boattow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

I apologize, I had written a much better and detailed post and then somehow lost it.  I quickly rewrote it and didn't do near as good a job.  It is a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado Pickup truck.  Thanks for any help

FJ

Boattow 
Member spacespace
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
Start with this. Make your connection directely on to the ignition harness.
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHEVROLET / SILVERADO / 2003 / Security
12volts red (x2)   +   ignition harness
Starter yellow   +   ignition harness
Ignition pink   +   ignition harness
Power Lock use 457G or 456G module       
Notes: If Directed module 457G or 456G is not available, refer to DirectFax document 1601.
On base model trucks, the 457G or 456G is not necessary. Instead, the lock wire is lt. blue (-), pin B5, and the unlock wire is white (-), pin B10. They are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM.
Power Unlock see power lock       
Lock Motor gray   5wi driver door module in door
Unlock Motor tan   5wi driver door module in door
Disarm Defeat tan   5wi passenger door module in door
Parking Lights+ brown   +   driver kick panel
Parking Lights- gray/black   -   BCM, brown plug, pin B2
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
Hazards white   -   steering column, 5 pin plug
Turn Signal(L) dk. green   +   steering column, 5 pin plug
Turn Signal(R) lt. green   +   steering column, 5 pin plug
Door Trigger gray/blk (L), BLACK/ wht (R)   -   each door module in each door
Notes: On base model trucks the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5. On 4dr trucks the LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. GREEN/ black, pin A2. They are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all wires and diode isolate.
The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
Dome Supervision gray/black   +   BCM, black plug, pin E
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A       
Hood Pin N/A       
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A       
Power Sliding Door N/A       
Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock       
Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green   -   driver door module in door
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm       
Tachometer white   ac   instrument cluster, pin A5 or PCM
Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in the left front of the engine compartment to the left of the fan shroud. The tach wire is in the green plug, pin 10.
For tach can also go to any of the ignition coils or injectors and use the wire that is NOT pink, black, or brown.
Horn Trigger BLACK / YELLOW to black   -   steering column
Memory Seat 1 red   +   driver door module in door
Memory Seat 2 pink   +   driver door module in door
Memory Seat 3 N/A   +     
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Passlock II
Part #: 556LW
Alternate Part1 #: 555LW
Alternate Part2 #: 555T
Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.
The Passlock II wire colors are yellow, black, and RED / white (not used).
Door Lock Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 456G
Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.
Combo Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457GW
Notes:

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Beginner Installing Scytek 5100rs Alarm -- posted image.
Boattow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the quick reply and help.  If I make the connections directly to the wiring harness (attach wires to appropriate wires at the switch harness leaving the existing connections intact), then will that mean connecting the ignition output #1 wire (pin5, yellow wire on 6pin harness on alarm module) and the 12V ignition input (yellow wire on the 20pin harness on the alarm module) both spliced onto the Ignition #1 PINK wire at the ignition switch harness?  Seems odd that there would be 2 seperate wires on the alarm if they were meant to be connected together.

Thanks again,

FJ

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic