icon

viper 791xv, home security sirens

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pimpedout92x 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys, i need help asap. ok i have some home security sirens, and i wanna hook one up to my 791xv, and disconnect the DEI siren.
ok so it looks like theres 4 wires coming outta my DEI siren...red, black, and 2 real skinny black ones...what are the skinny black ones for? could i just cut the DEI siren off and connect the + and - wires from the new siren to the wires that the old DEI siren was hooked too?
by the way, this is only temp. i have a 2wss-as waiting to get installed, i just wanna see what this sirens likeviper 791xv, home security sirens -- posted image.
thanks for any help, for faster responce, you can IM me on AIM: ufvj217 if u have aim....
thanks!
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
The two "skinny" wires are soft chirp wires. Cutting them in half will make your siren louder when you arm and disarm your alarm. If you leave them together you will get a softer arm and disarm chirp. You can do that but you have to use a relay or it will not be loud as its suppose to.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
pimpedout92x 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
teafrf...i ended up just cutting the DEI siren out, since im gonna be taking the whole alarm out, who cares lol...and i just hooked the wires from the home siren to my exsisting DEI wires...
now, when i touched the wires to my battery, it was LOUD. after i hooked it to the wires, it didnt seem as loud, tomorow im gonna go try my 2nd siren tho on the battery, and then set of my alarm with it hooked to the wires, and see how much of a difference, but if it is, a relay would fix that right?
and bobk, they're 12 volt viper 791xv, home security sirens -- posted image. lol
thanks for you guy's help.
pimpedout92x 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
anyone think i should just get 2 of these and ditch the home security sirens i have now? http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2001355/showCustom-0/p-2001355/N-111+10201+600000482/c-10101

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic