icon

Reverting AVIC-N1 to 40 software

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
john m 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

Thought I would share this as I searched high and low to revert my AVIC-N1 back to the 40 series software after completing the 50 series software upgrade and getting locked out of most of the navi features when in motion.  I was determined not to have to yank the deck and send back to Pioneer.

The Pioneer AVIC-n1/x1/n2 and appearantly several earlier units have a hidden submenus to allow configuration of the software.  By accessing these submenus you can delete out and format the drive containing the 50 series software and force load the 40 series software.  I didn't do much tinkering while in my menus.  But I did delete and format all areas of memory.  And then I forced loaded the 40 disc versions of the various programs that run the unit.  The menus can be seen in the below link.  The biggest challenge in reverting is getting the password entered correctly.  The unit seems to want to take it sometimes...and other times you'll put it in 20 times or so before you gain access.  The procedure and password to access the submenus are contained on the page in the link from the avicx1forums.com. 

Here is a link where I got my info:

http://www.avicx1forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=333&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

No news though on a bypass for an upgraded avic-n1.  My unit is now fully functional again under 40 software.  At some point, someone will figure how to tear the software apart and join the maps/database/interface of the 50 with the bypass-ability of the 40 software.  But not yet.  Until then...revert away.

Best Regards,
John M
abalexab1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
I was able to go in to the menu without any password on my AVIC-N1. Dear john m, please, tell what sub menu you used to delete previous installation of CNDV-50MT. Where is several options in” file maintenance” menu.  Thank you.
chisin 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
ya which submenu did you choose to revert back to old firmware?
john m 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  

Go take a look at that link I provided first and foremost.  That was where I found out how to get into the submenu.

What I did was go into those submenus and first cleared out my memory.  So format all the areas and clear all memory.  You'll find options for this under those submenus.  I.E....clear backup menu, format SRAM.....etc.  Go ahead and clear all memory areas you turn up.  I did with no ill effects other than starting my unit off completely fresh.  All the 3d data will be gone, all mapping info gone...etc.  Then you will need to go into the Program Force Write menu.  With your 40 version disc inserted into the drive.....force write all the old software versions.  You must do this as this seems to be how it checks the version disc you are inserting on normal startup.  Under the forced write menu you'll find more submenus for all the different components....gps...etc.  Write the 40 disc's version of them all.  That is it.

Best Regards,

John M

Best Regards,
John M
abadgti 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
So do you need the remote to enter the password? The instructions weren't to clear. Can anyone do a write up on how to do this? Thanks.
jaguarxj220 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
i used the pos button as the navi button and it worked!
i still havnt found my yellow disk so i havnt tried to upgrade yet.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic