2005 Durango Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ernmang2 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

2005 Durango Remote Start wiring....

I could use some help with the wiring on the vehicle side of things going to install my remote start. I have removed it several times but first time hooking it back up.

The vehicle is not equiped with VTSS or SKIM so I thought it should not be to bad.

Thanks, Ernie

slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

12 volt  =  RED / orange and RED / blue

ign = pink/green

ignition 2 = pink

Acc = pink / YELLOW

Acc2 = pink / YELLOW(small) or blue*

starter = pink/lt blue

tach = blue at coil drivers side

lock = voilet/green

unlock = voiloet/green

doorpin see notes***

factory arm = arms with lock

factory disarm = through oem remote only

brake = white tan

parking lights = notes****

handbrake = dk.GREEN / WHITE

horn = GREEN/ voilet

PLEASE NOTE: This vehicle is equipped with TRANSPONDER chips in the ignition keys. This will need to be bypassed for Remote Starter installation. A keyless bypass module may be available, contact your distributor to find out. If one of these modules is not available to you, see the appropriate security diagram for bypass instructions.

* May not be present on all models.
** Use a ground pulse through a 110-ohm resistor to unlock a ground pulse through a 300-ohm resistor to lock the doors. On fully equipped versions with memory seats, these wires will be located inside the driver's door. Without memory seats, this wire is found on a white plug near the fusebox.
*** Doorpins are independent. Driver's door is Violet, passenger door is Violet/White, left rear door is Violet/Gray, right rear door is Violet / YELLOW. All wires are negative (-) and can be found in large plug near fusebox. If vehicle is equipped with memory seats the front door triggers must be accessed in there respective doors at the door modules.
**** Use WHITE/ orange and Pink/red on the black connector at the fusebox (isolate with 2 relays). Or you can run a wire to pin #85 at the parking light relay under the hood. Turn on lightswitch and listen for clicking to find relay.

Check your PM for PICTURES I SENT YOU.......I hope your a qualified installer.

Testing is the key
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
ernmang2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2005 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  

The note for locks say to use relays

"Lock is negative trigger thru a 330 ohm resistor. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 100 ohm resistor. MUST use relays".

what is the wiring hook up for using relays any schematics or recomendations.   

thanks for all the info... this is great stuff.

Ernie

ernmang2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

I am unsure about the power lock hook up for the remote start install, relays...no relays what is the easy way or best way to do this? My system says it can supply a pulsed ground output to the factory door lock control relay but max current draw says 300mA ... or do I connect each wire to thier respective switch wires ...I dont know

And what door lock wiring system is used on an 05 durango (3wire,4wire ...neg..pos..) what the #$%@

Thanks

Ernie

Geeque 
Silver - Posts: 310
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
This is a one wire system: You'll need two relays and hook up as follows: 85 from both relays connect to 12V via a 20A fuse, 87 from both relays to ground, 86 from both relays- 1 from unlock wire from remote start the other connect lock wire to, 87A from both relays not used, 30 from both relays- connect for unlock via a 100 ohm resistor to PURPLE / dark green wire in drivers kick and for lock via a 330 ohm resistor to the same wire in drivers kick. If u need a diagram let me know.
Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician
ernmang2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

If you have a diagram or a link to one... it would help out alot

thanks for all the help

Ernie

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1041.pdf

Heres a link to DEI's door lock guide.....the whole darn thing

ernmang2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

Installing Remote Start ........works great but unsure on the park lights.

Can somebody hook me up with the park light wiring diagram  for the relay install or  what ever I have to do... it seems there are many different ways to do this... remote start  unit already has one wire tied into B+ from previous vehicle can this stay there?

Thanks Ernie

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Parking Lamp PINK/RED (+) LG CONN AT BOTTOM OF DRIVEWR FUSE BOX
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt