icon

How To Test For Wait To Start Wire.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2006 at 4:09 AM / IP Logged  

Most remote start systems have the ability to be installed on a diesel vehicle. Check the installationmanual included with the remote start system. Some systems can simply be programmed to becompatible with a diesel vehicle. Other systems have a (-) WAIT-TO-START INPUT wire that must beconnected to be compatible with a diesel vehicle.

• For systems with a (-) WAIT-TO-START INPUT wire it is necessary to interface with the wire thatturns on the WAIT-TO-START light in the dashboard. This wire illuminates the bulb until the vehicle'sglow plugs are properly heated. When the light goes out the vehicle can be started.

• This wire is always available at the connector leading to the bulb in the dashboard.

• Connect this wire from the remote start system to the wire in the vehicle that sends the signal to turnon the WAIT-TO-START bulb in the dashboard.

To find the (-) WAIT-TO-START wire

1. Set the multi-meter to DC voltage.

2. Attach the (+) probe to 12V Constant

3. Probe the wire you suspect leads to the bulb with the (-) probe of the meter

4. Turn the ignition to the ON position

5. If the meter reads 12V until the light goes out and then reads 0V that is the correct wire.

To find the (+) WAIT-TO-START wire

1. Set the multi-meter to DC voltage.

2. Attach the (+) probe to 12V Constant

3. Probe the wire you suspect leads to the bulb with the (-) probe of the meter

4. Turn the ignition to the ON position

5. If the meter reads 0V until the light goes out and then reads 12V that is the correct wire

On most 2002-Up diesel vehicles (Ford, General Motors, Dodge trucks), the vehicle’s WAITTO-START wire should not be directly interfaced with. Use a pulse timer relay to delay theremote start’s activation so the vehicle’s glow plugs can be properly heated. Directed Electronicsmakes a pulse timer relay that is readily available at many car audio and security specialty shops.Part number is 528T.

dragon
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2006 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
and the point of this topic was?????
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
or the coolest thing =) just get a new dei w/ the wait to start timer built in and call it a day.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2006 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
The point of this topic is that it can be made into a sticky for other members without advanced knowledge to learn from.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
joe_1 wrote:
and the point of this topic was?????
If you have nothing useful to add to a very informative helpful post to help others then please do not comment on it.
Steve G
joe_1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
can i just say, anyone could search that on here and they would find it, plus it tells you in the manual and also you have just added more crap to this post so dont tell me what i can and cant do.
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Whether or not it was your intent, it looks like you've immortalized this post either way- How To Test For Wait To Start Wire. -- posted image.
If the information was wrong, then it would be helpful to point it out; if you thought it redundant, there's no need to reply to it. Then it would have been eventually sorted out based on its usefulness.
joe_1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
listen im sorry if i upset any1 i didnt think you would all cry about it and i also think that people should stop adding there own comments about what i have said, i think this should be the last word on this.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, may as well keep it symmetrical. First and last word, all yours-How To Test For Wait To Start Wire. -- posted image.
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
tell u what when i started doing r/s systems i learned as i went so this post is for someone starting out on his own i have got alot of help also from visions electronics from a installer so what i have i will pass it on  because not all manuals tell everything.and some shop remove them if its not installed by them.Like A&B Sound .
dragon
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic