icon

PA or Kicker CVR 12

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rehoredneck11 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  

I have a GMC single cab truck and i was wondering what wud be better ....the new power acoustik shallow sub or the kicker CVR?What would be better for my ride? I have a class d 1000 for the subs

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged  
Reputation of build quality will put the Kicker over the Power Acoustik.  You should get around and listen to some setups with these (and other) subs before you commit.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
snoracer98 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
i would go with the PA kws12 or kws10, it is the exact same sub as the kicker comp cvr. i have 2 12inch kicker cvrs and orderd a PA one for a friend who didnt want to spend more money.. put the subs side by side there is not a difference between the 2 subs other then the print on the cones.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Lol...highly doubt they are exactly the same...Power Acoustic may have tried to imitate the look...but the sound i doubt is anything compared to the Kicker
snoracer98 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
now i didnt rip one apart and check the coils or spyder to make sure theres not a single differnce, but i have listened to them, even swaped my kicker with it to test it out in my box, i would bet that the same exact company makes that sub for kicker and PA, one is less then half the cost, but ever stich and spot of gule are exactly the same.
nstaln 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

The  ultimate shallow mount driver. 15mm xmax..about the same as an Alpine Type R...except much more musical! I don't know what your budget is but TC Sounds makes this in a 10 and a 12.

PA or Kicker CVR 12 -- posted image.PA or Kicker CVR 12 -- posted image.

rehoredneck11 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Here are the pictures of the power acoustik .... its almost the same as the tc ...what u think ? today i went and listened to some CVR's at circuit city and not what i expected but L5 10's sounded goodPA or Kicker CVR 12 -- posted image.
nstaln 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2006 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

Howdy  Redneck,

I compared the two subs and this is what I found:

PA: ceramic(standard material) magnet , TC neodymium(extremely powerful) magnet

PA: 2inch aluminium coil, TC 2inch aluminium or copper coil

PA:400rms 800peak, TC  350rms 800peak

PA: aluminium cone, TC  carbon fiber nomex piston(same as PPI proclass)

PA: 8mm xmax(one way), TC  15mm xmax(one way) almost twice the excursion

PA:  foam surround, TC rubber surround

PA: "jack of all trades" company, TC only builds subwoofers(20+ years of OEM manufacturing subs for Eclispe, MTX, Audiomobile, Digital Designs, Crystal Mobilesound, Soundsplinter,...)

PA: $110 roughly, TC $250 roughly

I'm all about SQ with authority, for me the choice is clear, TC has better materials, much larger displacement, and has audiophile sound quality. But it does come at a price $$$$

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 19, 2006 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

Uhhh....

What was the original question again?

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
nstaln 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2006 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

Uhhh...

Subwoofer options.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic