icon

Gentex Mirror Wiring Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
texas0910 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2003 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
I bought a autodimming mirror that came from a 1999 Windstar.  There are 5 wires coming out of the mirror.  The mirror has Gentex-156 stamped on the reverse.  I am trying to install it on my 1989 Aerostar.  Can anyone provide me what each of the 5 wires are for?
Texas0910
Gentleman 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2003 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
What are the wire colors ? I may be able to help
texas0910 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2003 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
There are five pins coming from the mirror.  They are marked: IGN, BAT, GND, RI, K1 and 0+.  The mirror has a slide on the bottom marked Auto Headlight.  I guess that goes to some relay that turns the headlights on when it gets dark.  I would like to hook up the mirror so that the autodimming and autoheadlight features work with my Aerostar.  Thanks again for the quick response.
Texas0910
Gentleman 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2003 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
The Gentex mirror I had seemed diffrent from what you are describing, it did not have the autoheadlight feature, it had 7 pins but only 5 wires as such:
1 Dark Blue    12V + Ignition
2 black        Ground
3 Violet       Back Up Lamp Connection
4 White        Side View Mirror +
5 Yellow       Side Vie Mirror -
4&5 were used to control side view mirrors that had a dimming feature.
Sorry I could not help
phezmann 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

I've got the same mirror, too.  I need to know this aswell.  I got mine out of a 97 explorer and I am putting it in a 94 dakota.  I have same model mirror with bottom switch.  Please help me, aswell.

There are 6 pin slots, 5 are in use.  It is numbered 1-6 as followed

1-RED / yellow

2-GREEN/ YELLOW

3-black

4-BLACK/ pink

5-WHITE/ violet

6-open slot

Thats it, please let me know what this are for!!

Thanx

Chad

1994 Dodge Dakota V8 4x4 SLT Club Cab--- A project truck with some awesome stuff.
rkmtw711 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2003 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
I've gentex mirro that i got from ebay . i need to identify the wires. there 7 wires    black,green,grey,GREEN/ black,2 red,brown. the mirror has compass/temp so please let me know   
Thanks,   Rick
rkmtw711
waltsckts 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2003 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  

Here is the low down on the connections to a Gentex mirror (with comp and temp) cut from a late model GM product. The connector pin numbers are found on the wire incursion side of the mating connector.

GM wire harness color                  function

PIN 1                  PINK                                                 POWER +12 volts

PIN 2                   BK                                                    CHASSIS, GND

PIN 3                   LT GRN                                           BACKUP LIGHTS

PIN 4                   GY                                  TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR

PIN 5                    PINK                              TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR

PIN 6                    DR GRN/WT                                  TEMP PROBE

PIN 7                    BK/WT                                             TEMP PROBE

Note: Pin 3 is to be connected to the backup lights to turn off the auto dim feature in reverse. If you intend not to use this feature connect the LT GRN wire to chassis ground. If this pin is floating the auto dim will not work properly. Hope this helps.                             Walt

lonnyda 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2003 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

I have two Gentex mirrors and I can not get either to work. I have hooked up the wires as above and still do not get the LED light to come on nor the display.  Is there a trick or something to activate it?  Any suggestions to get these mirrors working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very Much,

Lonny

tcflint 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2003 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know what type (K, J, etc.) thermocouple the Gentex mirror's use?
dragonboi 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2003 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 16 pins mirror, wondering if any1 here knows what the each pins are use for?

Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic