icon

2000 Nissan Maxima Factory Disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
live4jc 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2000 Nissam Maxima. I have had an alarm in it for several years and I do not think it was installed correctly. On occassion, the factory alarm will go off. I was able to disarm the factory alarm using the factory remot, but I seem to have lost the remote. I want to perminately disarm the factory alarm. I have found the factory arm and disarm wire. They are negative trigger. I am not sure what to do with these wires. Can I just cut the factory arm wire to perminately disarm the factory alarm? It seems that they should have used the factory alarm arm/disarm wires as opposed to using the factory lock/unlock wires. I'm just looking for any advice on what to do to keep the factory alarm from ever going off again.
David C
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, they should have used the correct wires. Too bad they didn't.
The factory alarm can be armed three ways: With the factory remote, by locking the doors from the outside with the key, or by pressing the power-lock button on the door panel, and then closing the door.
Probably, you (or a passenger) opened the door, hit the power lock button and then closed the door.........if you don't do that, and lock the doors ONLY with the aftermarket remote, the factory alarm probably won't arm.
Also, even if you've lost the factory remote, you can disarm the factory alarm simply by unlocking the door from the outside with the key.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic