the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Bypass Immobilizer Without Using Module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MX6boii 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
I was checking out a remote start installation on a '00 Civic and was shocked to see this guy rig up his own immobilizer bypass. From the looks of it, all he did was solder the neccessary wires for the bypass right onto the key.
Is that technically what most universal bypass modules do? Just creates an electrical connection through the key and all the wires tap into it. How does this work?
Thanks.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
In the case of the honda and many other vehicles they use the transponder system. This means, that inside the key, there is a chip that sends an rf (not electrical) signal to the ignition. If the ignition does not see the signal, then the car will not fire.I havent ever used the method he used but have seen diagrams on how to do it....
MX6boii 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
I know how the system works. I just want to know how he did it. Could I get the diagram that you've seen?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
First of all, a 2000 Civic doesn't have a transponder key. That started on the Civic in 2001.
Assuming it was a 2001 or newer Civic you are talking about...
Take a relay...
86 - constant
85 - (-) when running
87 - connect a really long wire here. Usually about 6-8 feet, and something around 20 to 22 gauge works best. Have that wire wrap around the head of the key at least 8 times. Spread out the windings so you cover the whole head of the key. Continue to run the wire up to the key cylinder where you wrap the wire around the immobilizer ring...at least 3 times, but the more the better. Then have the wire run down to the relay and connect it to terminal 30.
Its hard to explain, but hopefully you understand. If someone has a picture, it would be easier. Its really how a 556U works without the fancy plastic box to put the key in.
MX6boii 
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
Interesting, thanks JWorm.
Do you wrap the key using bare wire or still insulated? Is the signal transmitted through the wire, so the more windings the stronger the signal?
This is not something I would do. I'm just interested in the theory of it.
Thanks again.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
the wire wrapped around the key is insulated
i use that very thin telephone size wire.
I wrap the key and the key cylinder real good.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
coach1962 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
I just finished doing this on a 2006 T 4Runner. I had also done this on a 98 Honda Accord. I have a PDF file that shows one way to do it. I'm not sure where I got it from, but it is basicly the same way I did it last time on the Honda. I don't know how to upload a PDF file to this site.
Coach
MX6boii 
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Coach,
I'll PM you my email, thanks.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
coach1962 wrote:
I just finished doing this on a 2006 T 4Runner. I had also done this on a 98 Honda Accord. I have a PDF file that shows one way to do it. I'm not sure where I got it from, but it is basicly the same way I did it last time on the Honda. I don't know how to upload a PDF file to this site.
Coach
Its easy. Go here: Link
Then scroll down to the bottom and click on "Add New File"
coach1962 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Jworm,
Thanks, I think I added the PDF file.
Coach
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic