icon

2004 pt cruiser, dei 561t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spacemanspooge 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
Do I have to hook-up the factory arm and disarm wires in this application? If so, could someone provide a correct diagram with resistor values? I've come across several different variations and am unsure which is right. Will not hooking them up affect the operation of the remote start?
Where do the wires on the 4-pin satellite harness get hooked-up? It seems that they would likely be used in conjunction with an after-market alarm and in my application I would not use them. The manual lists the following:
4-pin satellite harness diagram
1 Blue Status Output
2 Orange Accessory Trigger
3 Purple Starter Trigger
4 PinkIgnition Trigger
Thank you all
MIKE
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2007 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  

If your PT has gray keys you would need the blue statis wire to turn on the immobilizer bypass. Beyond that you don't need any of those wires. As for factory arm/disarm, use the lock wires below and connect as described. Lock will arm, unlock will disarm with the first pulse. Set the 561T to give a double pulse, the second pulse unlocks the doors. Also, you can find this wire over on the left side of the dash.

Power Lock WHITE/ green  -  driver kick, door harness
Notes: Lock/arm requires a negative trigger thru a 3K (3000) ohm resistor. Unlock/disarm requires a negative trigger thru a 7.2K (7200) ohm resistor. Unlock requires a double pulse. MUST use relays.
Also found at the keyless entry module located above the radio in the center of the dash.
Can also use Directed 457C or 456L interface modules.
Power Unlock same wire as power lock

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 18, 2007 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
MikeM2, the 561T is the 'no-remote' add on system from DEI. It is the exact same piece as the DEI 561R but has no transceiver.
Spaceman, if you are using the factory keyless remotes to activate and deactivate the starter, I do not believe you need to worry about the factory disarm. Most (if not all) Chrysler's disarm when they see the ignition, and Sentry key.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
spacemanspooge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
MikeM2, the 561T is the 'no-remote' add on system from DEI. It is the exact same piece as the DEI 561R but has no transceiver.
Spaceman, if you are using the factory keyless remotes to activate and deactivate the starter, I do not believe you need to worry about the factory disarm. Most (if not all) Chrysler's disarm when they see the ignition, and Sentry key.
Excellent, that's what I initially thought as well. Thanks very much. I now have a new problem though; I keep blowing one of the 40A bus fuses under the hood of my PT. It's the one that feeds the ignition harness' accessory wire (black w/ orange stripe). I lost the HVAC fan, heated seats, power windows, and airbags until the fuse was found and replaced.
Could someone please check my wiring? I'm sure I didn't accidentally ground anything. Perhaps I made an incorrect connection? I also need a suggestion on where to tie-in my input to the remote starter.
Remote start harness >>> Vehicle wiring
Primary Harness H1
H1/1 Lt. Grn/ Blk >>> Not used
H1/2 Grn/Wht >>> Not used
H1/3 Yel >>> Not used
H1/4 Wht/Blu >>> Not used
H1/5 Gry/Blk >>> Not used
H1/6 Wht/Red >>> Activation Input (Haven’t decided where to tie- in yet)
H1/7 RED / Wht >>> Not used
H1/8 Blk >>> Dedicated Chassis Ground
H1/9 Wht >>> Blk/Yel at light switch harness
4-pin Satellite Harness
1 Blu >>> Blu on 556CW Bypass
2 Org >>> Not used
3 Pur >>> Not used
4 Pnk >>> Not used
Heavy-Gauge Relay Satellite Harness
1 Pnk >>> Blu at ignition harness
2 Pur >>> Yel at ignition harness
3 Org >>> Blk/Org at ignition harness
4 Red >>> Pnk/ Blk at ignition harness
5 Pnk/Wht >>> Blk/Gry at defrost switch
6 Red >>> Pnk/ Blk at ignition harness
Remote Start Harness H2
H2/1 Blk/Wht >>> Provided toggle >>> Gry/Blk at parking brake switch
H2/2 Vio/Wht >>> Blk/Gry at ignition coil
H2/3 Brn >>> Wht/Tan at brake switch
H2/4 Gry >>> Provided hood pin switch
H2/5 Blu/Wht >>> Not used
Thanks,
MIKE
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
This information is cross referenced to DEI's information:
"H1/6 Wht/Red >>> Activation Input (Haven’t decided where to tie- in yet)"
Tie into Lock Motor ORANGE / black driver kick, door harness. This wire rests at ground and will pulse to +12V when the drivers door is locking both by the remote and the switch.
"5 Pnk/Wht >>> Blk/Gry at defrost switch"
Remove this for now...you will have to determine what type of system your rear defrost is before interfacing with it. Without having a dedicated defroster output I would not energize the rear defroster with the 561T. This may be what is causing that fuse to blow. I would tie this into the light GREEN / WHITE if you have AutoStick, if you do not have AutoStick leave it disconnected until you successfully remote start the vehicle. If when you remote start the vehicle and the blower motor or ac compressor do not turn on it will need to go to the blue/white second accessory and be reprogrammed to function as an accessory wire.
"H2/1 Blk/Wht >>> Provided toggle >>> Gry/Blk at parking brake switch"
This blk/wht should go to the provided toggle, but the other side of the toggle should be to ground. This wire needs to see ground for the RS to operate but should not see +12V. If you hook it up the way you have it the wire will see +12V every time you press the brake pedal. This switch will function as an on/off switch for the remote start. It will serve as an additional safety measure, allowing you to turn off the remote start if the vehicle is going in for service.
spacemanspooge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
This information is cross referenced to DEI's information:
"H1/6 Wht/Red >>> Activation Input (Haven’t decided where to tie- in yet)"
Tie into Lock Motor ORANGE / black driver kick, door harness. This wire rests at ground and will pulse to +12V when the drivers door is locking both by the remote and the switch.
"5 Pnk/Wht >>> Blk/Gry at defrost switch"
Remove this for now...you will have to determine what type of system your rear defrost is before interfacing with it. Without having a dedicated defroster output I would not energize the rear defroster with the 561T. This may be what is causing that fuse to blow. I would tie this into the light GREEN / WHITE if you have AutoStick, if you do not have AutoStick leave it disconnected until you successfully remote start the vehicle. If when you remote start the vehicle and the blower motor or ac compressor do not turn on it will need to go to the blue/white second accessory and be reprogrammed to function as an accessory wire.
"H2/1 Blk/Wht >>> Provided toggle >>> Gry/Blk at parking brake switch"
This blk/wht should go to the provided toggle, but the other side of the toggle should be to ground. This wire needs to see ground for the RS to operate but should not see +12V. If you hook it up the way you have it the wire will see +12V every time you press the brake pedal. This switch will function as an on/off switch for the remote start. It will serve as an additional safety measure, allowing you to turn off the remote start if the vehicle is going in for service.
I do have Autostick. Which LtGrn/Wht wire are you referring to (which harness), and what function will this serve?
Best Regards,
MIKE
Twelvoltz 
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
DEI lists it, saying it would be there with the AutoStick option:
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHRYSLER / PT CRUISER / 2004 / Remote Start
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts      pink/black & red       +       ignition harness
Starter      yellow       +       ignition harness
Second Starter      N/A            
Ignition      blue       +       ignition harness
Second Ignition      lt. grn/wht (only w/AutoStick)      +       ignition harness
Third Ignition      N/A            
Accessory      BLACK/ orange       +       ignition harness
Second Accessory      BLACK/ white       +       ignition harness
Keysense      lt. blue       -       ignition harness
Power Lock      WHITE/ green       -       driver kick, door harness
Notes: Lock/arm requires a negative trigger thru a 3K (3000) ohm resistor. Unlock/disarm requires a negative trigger thru a 7.2K (7200) ohm resistor. Unlock requires a double pulse. MUST use relays.
Also found at the keyless entry module located above the radio in the center of the dash.
Can also use Directed 457C or 456L interface modules.
Power Unlock      same wire as power lock            
Lock Motor      ORANGE / black       5wi      driver kick, door harness
Notes: Also found at the keyless entry module located above the radio in the center of the dash.
Unlock Motor      pink/black       5wi      driver kick, door harness
Notes: Also found at the keyless entry module located above the radio in the center of the dash.
Parking Lights+      BLACK / YELLOW       +       headlight switch
Parking Lights-      N/A            
Hazards      same as turn signals            
Turn Signal(L)      lt. grn (F), dk. grn/red (R)       +       steering column
Turn Signal(R)      tan (F), BROWN / red (R)       +       steering column
Reverse Light      PURPLE / black       +      
Door Trigger      see notes       -       see notes
Notes: The tan or tan/blue wire catches the driver door and is found in the driver kick panel. The blue/orange or tan/red catches the three passenger doors and is found in the passenger kick panel. Use both wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision      use door trigger            
Trunk/Hatch Pin      tan/black       -       driver kick, harness to rear
Hood Pin      BROWN / tan       -       hood pin switch
Trunk/Hatch Release      N/A            
Power Sliding Door      N/A            
Factory Alarm Arm      arms with lock            
Factory Alarm Disarm      disarms with unlock            
Disarm No Unlock      single pulse the unlock wire            
Tachometer      BLACK/ gray       ac       ignition coil
Wait to start      N/A            
Brake Wire      WHITE/ tan       +       brake pedal switch
Parking Brake      gray/black       -       parking brake switch
Horn Trigger      BLACK/ red       -       steering column
Memory Seat 1      N/A            
Memory Seat 2      N/A            
Memory Seat 3      N/A            
Interface Module:      Category:
Immobilizer Bypass      Required:
Yes      Type:
Sentry Key
Part #: 555CW
Alternate Part1 #: 556UW
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part3 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: Standard on all models.
Interface Module:      Category:
Door Lock Interface      Required:
Yes      Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457CW
Alternate Part1 #: 456LW
Notes:
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Not Available
warning      
This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed Electronics assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
If it is not in the harness coming from the ignition switch it is probably not needed.
spacemanspooge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
12volts      pink/black & red       +       ignition harness
Ignition      blue       +       ignition harness
Second Ignition      lt. grn/wht (only w/AutoStick)      +       ignition harness

Accessory      BLACK/ orange       +       ignition harness
Second Accessory      BLACK/ white       +       ignition harness
Ok, now I understand about the lt. grn/wht wire. Couple of other questions:
Should I connect both red leads from the high-current harness (12V inputs) to the pnk/blk wire in the ignition harness, or should one go to the red wire in the ignition harness? Mine has the pnk/blk and two reds. I'm not sure what their respective functions are.
If I connect the org wire from the high-current harness to the blk/org wire in the ignition harness, what do I connect to the blk/wht in the ignition harness? Or is that connection even needed?
Best Regards,
MIKE
Twelvoltz 
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Use one red and the pink/black for supply. The proper red will show +12V no matter what position the key is in, and should be a heavy gauge wire.
You may not need to interface with the second accessory wire, if after a successful remote start you have warning indicators or a check engine light on, or the blower motor/ac compressor do not work then you will need to energize it.
spacemanspooge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2007 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
It's Alive!
Thanks for all your help with my first install.
Best Regards,
MIKE
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic