icon

1995 explorer JBL sound system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yondle 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

HELP!!!!!!  I Have A 1995 ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... It came with the JBL premium sound system...when I purchased it, a new cd head unit had been installed  (eclipse md# CD5441)..The speaker wiring harness has been abandoned and new wires running directly to the speakers..Therefore, the factory amp has been eliminated..That's all fine and danndy, but here is my problem!!!!!

1)  Now the factory sub does not work (JBL) in right rear storage compartment

2) Factory 6 disc CD changer does not work

Question-----------------

Does anyone know if

1) there is a way to intercept the factory wiring for the sub and amp in order to use them??

B) Is there a harness so i can hook my cd changer(factory) to this head unit??

Thanks to every one!!!

yondle
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

1.  No, not easily.  But I suppose you could always use a small aftermarket amp to power the factory sub.

B.  No.

If you can still get the factory radio back, better to put it back in place----the four factory speakers sound terrible by themselves.  The loss of the sub, the amp, the changer, and the rear seat controls.....it just wouldn't be worth it to me to go through all that just to have a CD slot in the dash.  Plus, the factory unit looks and fits better, and is easier to use.

On the other hand, if your budget allows, you could keep the radio you have, but buy an Eclipse changer to go with it,  a subwoofer, box, and amp, a 4-channel amp for the main speakers, and one of those PAC interfaces to keep the rear seat controls.

demond96 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2003 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
1995 explorer JBL sound system -- posted image.Get the wireing harness made for that vehicle. I have an explorer, and  with out that wireing harness nothing works right. The factory amp(in my vehicle) is behind the right-rear panel just above the wheel well. To get to that was difficult for me. All my speaker wires and amp remote was underneath the rear seat on the right side, wrapped in black tape. It might be different on your vehicle, but this is how it is on my explorer.
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2003 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
just buy the appropriate wiring harness and hook the factory wires back up to the speakers...everything will work just fine that way...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic