icon

line output converter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
datroboy510 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
hi, i have a 2008 dodge avenger.. im trying to keep my stock cd player and i bought the output converter...theres 5 wires coming out of the converter...
1 all black wire
1 all grey wire (Right)
1 grey/black wire (Right)
1 all white wire (Left)
1 WHITE/ black (Left)

on the speaker it has 2 wires coming out of the left and 2 coming out of the right
1 yellow/black(left)
1 GREEN/ grey (left)
1 GREEN/ grey (right)
1 GREEN/ tan (right

i was told im pose to hook it up to my back speakers in the trunk...my question iz...

do i hook it up to the left and right speaker in the trunk??  if so how?? because the wires on
the converter cant reach both the left and right speaker???
wussup wit it
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Ok your black wire on the converter is your ground to ground that to the chassis or you can use the headunit ground. The grey wire is for the rear right positive speaker wire and the grey/black is for that speakers negative. Same goes for the green wires but run to the left rear speaker. Since the wires cant reach, just run longer wires and that will do the trick
datroboy510 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

what is the chassis??

and when u say run longer wires u mean connect a different wire to the converter so it will reach??

wussup wit it
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

this should help you figure out which wires on the converter goes to which wires at the speakers

LR Speaker (+) DARK GREEN/ TAN 
 LR Speaker (-) DARK GREEN/ GRAY 
 RR Speaker (+) DARK GREEN/ BROWN 
 RR Speaker (-) YELLOW/GRAY

Also, it is definitely easier to get those wires in the trunk at the speakers.  You can also get it at the back of the radio, it really doesn't matter where you get them. just where ever is easier.

the black wire gets grounded separately.  DO NOT connect it to the speaker wires. 

alpine dude 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
how do you get remote turn on not using a headunit i have small delema how do i get rca output for two mono amps on one hi low converter, p.s its going inot a 2005 nissan maxima without bose
gavin9797 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
Using a 30 amp SPDT relay, connect terminal #87 to constant 12 volts positive with a fuse rated to the sum of the additional accessories you've added and the components you need to turn on. (If you have two fans rated at 5 amps each and a neon light rated at 10 amps, you would use a 20 amp fuse plus 200 ma for each amplifier and processor.) Connect terminal #85 to ground, terminal #86 to the remote turn on wire from the head unit, and terminal #30 to each accessory with an appropriate fuse. A fuse (not shown) could also be used between the output of the relay (#30) and the remote turn on wire of the amplifiers and/or processors for extra precaution.

line output converter -- posted image.

This is one way you could connect multiple amplifiers without a remote lead from your deck. You will have to substitute #86 with a 12 volt switched eg. Ignition. Make sure you fuse #87, as well #30

There are a couple ways to connect your RCA wires with one line out converter.

#1. Depending on your amplifers, some have a line "IN" and a line "OUT". connect your RCA to the in on 1 amp then run another RCA from the out off amp #! to the In on amp #2

#2. I will use Monster Cable as an example. They have a "Y" adapter cable.  This gives you one set of Male of female to plug into your line out converter, and 2 sets of male or female ends to go to your amps. (typically  you will need the 1 male -> 2 female cable)

I hope this was of some help.
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
datroboy510 wrote:
hi, i have a 2008 dodge avenger.. im trying to keep my stock cd player and i bought the output converter..

i was told im pose to hook it up to my back speakers in the trunk...my question iz...

do i hook it up to the left and right speaker in the trunk??  if so how?? because the wires on
the converter cant reach both the left and right speaker???

If the amp you are adding is for subs then I would hook up the line level onto the front speaker outputs behind the radio this way if you fade more to the front to get a better front image then the sub amp will not have less of a signal going to it. Sometimes rear speaker wires are easy to get at but this doesn't mean that they might be the right wires to connect to.

See if there are any harness adaptors for your year car and if so get the one that plugs into the factory harness end and the other that plugs into the factory radio. You then might also have a turn on wire in those harness adaptors that may not be present in the factory plug (although some amps today sense an audio signal and do not need the old style 12 volt turn on signal). By using the adaptors you can also easily insert passive crossover's onto the factory speaker wires and have NO factory wires cut or spliced into.

Jim  

1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
jayem7516 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
gavin9797 wrote:
Using a 30 amp SPDT relay, connect terminal #87 to constant 12 volts positive with a fuse rated to the sum of the additional accessories you've added and the components you need to turn on. (If you have two fans rated at 5 amps each and a neon light rated at 10 amps, you would use a 20 amp fuse plus 200 ma for each amplifier and processor.) Connect terminal #85 to ground, terminal #86 to the remote turn on wire from the head unit, and terminal #30 to each accessory with an appropriate fuse. A fuse (not shown) could also be used between the output of the relay (#30) and the remote turn on wire of the amplifiers and/or processors for extra precaution.
Does the 12V supply through the relay have to be regulated? Would it fry your amps if you used the car battery as the source, where the voltage can be over 14V? Also, does anyone happen to know (on average), what the minimum voltage required to switch an amp on is?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic