< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadowinfector 
Copper - Posts: 199
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2008 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
any wiring diagram and any advice? thanx
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2008 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

My advice..... get a tech sheet and start working. You might learn something.

You for what ever reason, you always ask the same question. Just my observation.

When you have a specific question, let us know brother. were here.

You just allways seem to want answers BEFORE you even start the job, yes/no?

Someday someone will reply. MAN, don't ever try this car....it's the hardest car I ever did.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2008 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Actually it was the hardest one I ever did, especially trying to find the indicators (Euro spec), one in each loom at the rear side doors, did the locks via 5 wire type at door cable where it goes into car, couldn't find triggers it must be a can type.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2008 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

oh man, my uncle just picked up the 08 CX7 sport package. He wants a compustar pro on the car and asked if i would install it with him. Now i know and to turn this car down. I guess ill head to a shop for sure !

anything i would need to know before i bring it to a shop installer KTM or Howie? i know they cant scam me because i know about this, but it never hurts to be safe.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2008 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

Ted, start and we will talk you through, I'm sure someone did one of these a few months ago and had no problems, actually the R/S was the easiest part of all.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2008 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

i read that this car is almost 100% data !. and no bypasskit on the market can properly control some features through data. I know there are immobilzer bypasses but no actaul DATA (CAN) modules.

howie, what was the hardest part of the job? im sure the euro specs are harder, but did you have any tech info or did u probe them all?

KTM, what was hardest for you? both of you been in this business for a while and just would like to get your input.

BTW, i fixed the job on my moms car. added the starter kill, second starter relay, ran a tach wire, and Rear defrost. It cost me 20 bucks to fix all that crap and now the car starts FLAWLESSLY.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2008 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
I destroyed one of the keys and pulled the chip but remember we have Cat I alarms wigth dual circuit immobilisers (Concept 650 MkII) so it doesn't matter. Like Ford you might have to remove both chips. The R/S was the easy part, I used an injector wire for tach, the alrm was a pig, as I said, door lock control wires are data so after checking I relay switched the motor wires to the drivers door and that did the locks, finding the indicators (hazards) was a swine see post above, remember we use direction indicators not sidelights as our indicators not running lights are amber. Indicators and lighting are all data at the front end. From the cabling I think we have a body control module either under the front seats or the centre console but  I'm not sure, at least thank the Lord it wasn't an RX8!
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

I did one a couple of months back, and didn't have a single problem, in fact it was a pretty easy vehicle. Installed a compustar 1wams, and I used a fortin keyoveride-all for the bypass. Almost everything is in the drivers kick.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

Hey..... where did shadowinfector go?

Are we done now?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
Think the poor person was disappointed he didn't get a blow by blow how to do it!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic