the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5901 into a 2005 nissan 350z

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zenica 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a DEI Viper 5901 into a 2005 350Z auto.
I have the 530T, XK02 & XK07 along with the 5901.
I have a few questions. The 530T has 3 ground wires on the main harness, one for Motor 1, one for Motor 2 and a common. Can all three of these grounds be combined into a single connection to the chassis. Is this not recommended?
With the XK02, will I need to tap into the door lock or trunk release wires or does the alarm control these strictly through the databus? The same question for the XK07 ignition bypass.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

Ditch the 530T, it isn't required.  Control the windows with extended (-) triggers on the door lock/unlock wires.

If the 530T has the "auto down" feature it will lower the window every time you open the door because the windows drop a slight amount when the door is open.  Last time I looked in to it this feature could not be disabled.

With that being said, you will need to run wires in to the doors for lock and unlock (and subsequently the windows).

Kevin Pierson
zenica 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
Extended door lock trigger?
At the risk of sounding.....but how does an extended door lock pulse roll the windows up/down? Would they still operate from the remote as with the 530T?
KPierson 
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

The door locks and windows are BCM controlled.

The "door lock" wire is in the door because it's actually the key cylinder wire.  When you turn the key in the drivers door key cylinder the BCM locks and unlocks the doors (depending on which way you turn the key).  If you hold the key in the lock or unlock position the windows close or open. 

So, short pulses lock and unlock the doors, long pulses lock the doors and close the windows and unlock the doors and open the windows.

How you integrate this in to the alarm is up to you (or the installer).  I believe that alarm has a "comfort closing" feature that will close the windows each time you arm the car and then you can use an AUX channel to open the windows from the remote (tie the (-) aux output to the unlock wire). 

As an old friend would say, the controls are exactly the same as the 530T would be, just a little different.

Kevin Pierson
zenica 
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Well I just had a 4 minute unpleasant conversation with DEI. They won't even talk to me because I am not an installer.
I may have to return everything and go with some cheapie junk from Crutchfield because they will support the product.
I asked DEI about the 4 pin D2D connector on the alarm brain and that there is only one yet I have two devices (XK02 & XK07) that can connect via D2D. He said there is a way to wire both but wouldn't tell me.
Are you familiar with this alarm on the 350Z? Could you offer a step by step install? Upon a complete install, I don't have a problem paying you I just need some help.
KPierson 
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

I've never hooked anything up through the D2D port (I haven't installed an alarm in years).

I'm pretty familiar with Nissan electronics and can help out in most areas of the alarm - the Zs are pretty easy.

Kevin Pierson
zenica 
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Do you think I should skip the D2D or just use it for one, and hard wire the other?
zenica 
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Can you tell me step by step how to wire the windows so the alarm and alarm remote can operate both up & down window functions not using the 530T?
Also, I thought the idea of the XK02 was to make connecting the alarm to the door locks an easier endeavor, are you familiar with how this is done?
KPierson 
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

I would most likely not use the XK02.  What will it do for you?

To eliminate the 530T and keep window control you will need to hardwire the door locks - that would be the only realy benefit to the XK02 (not having to run wires in to the door.

Trunk pop isn't a big deal, parking lights are easy, door/hood/hatch pins are all right there at the BCM, too. 

Kevin Pierson
zenica 
Posted: April 23, 2009 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
I wanted to use the XK02 so I am violating as few of the OEM wires as possible. When you say hard wire the door locks, did you mean with or without the XK02. The XK02 will also operate the rear hatch release. More connections I can avoid tampering with.
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic