2009 Chevrolet Silverado Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dennis f 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2009 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
All great info.
Well, I am sure my customer will not want to carry 2 remotes so I will almost certainly be doing key less.
I should have been more clear on the disarm, I would need to disarm the alarm for unlock. I am pretty confident the alarm is disarmed with ign on and the correct transponder.
I imagine with the starter be activated by dropping ACC, I can just cap off the start circuit. What is the pink/black for according to the tech sheet up above?
Thanks for all the help too!
-Dennis
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2009 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
for remote starter no starter output connection needed, for starter kill you need to run the kill wires to the yellow/blk wire under hood at module behind headlight,unfortunately i would imagine this would disallow remote start when armedd, i have never verified as we do very few alarms around my network and when we do we do not offer starter kill
sorry also pnk.blk(2nd acc) i have nevr used for my remote start installs again i think its only utilized for the overinvolved pk3 modules(which i dont use on these vehicles
i also have never needed disarm wire when lock wires were present at bcm
dennis f 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2009 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you Jim.
I also quit doing starter kills years ago when immobilizers were everywhere. I feel it is more of a liability then protection.
You already know, but I will report back all my findings for archives.
-Dennis
paul h 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
What ever happen with your install on the start issue??  I'm working with a 2010 Chevy Silverado and a iDatalink ADS module programmed and the start is a no go??
ajanderson78 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
jim hunter wrote:
there is no crank/starter circuit, the vehicle starts by seeing ign and accessory get power and accessory drop whle ign maintains this tells the bcm to crank
Please forgive me if I seem a little dumb but I'm not getting this.. I understand the no start wire and how it works, but i cant seem to figure out where to put my wires off my alarm now??
2007 silverado nbs, installed DLPK, now trying to install a autopage rs-727lcd. I'm thinking i don't need the violet starter wire from the alarm.?. Now what do i use to start it up and where do I put them??
bambam3030 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
just did one no you do not use the purple start wire the truck will start through the dlpk after it is insstalled and you program it. the one I did would not program but it worked without being programed. Just follow the instructions on the dlpk and use wire to wire and make sure you cut the data to data wire and tap 12v and ground.
bam
willi styles 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a an Autostart with a Idatalink ADS-DL module for locks and PK3 bypass. I still dont quite understand why the vehicle doesnt have a starter wire! I have installed on many gm vehicles and i am familiar with the bypass module doing the start/crank through data (usually).  The 2007 Chev Silverado is confusing me because 2nd Accessory is through 6300ohms and the starter wire is through 9600ohms apparently throught the pink/black from the key.  The pink black is also what i connected the yellow (passlock) from the ADS-DL module. The module programmed correctly and everything works great but I cannot get the vehicle to crank. And my last question is what is the 5V reference wire used for? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thx

jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2010 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
the vehicle doesnt have a starter wire because the way the car is designed the bcm handles the crank output signal!, the car must see acc first, then ign then ac drop while ign stays and bcm sends the signal to crank. the newer audiovox that i use and the d.e.i product i have used has the proper sequence on these witres so all i do is ign acc power ground lights and brake program an extra circle plus key throw it in a universal bypass and im done, no need to hook up to the 2nd start acc line, I HAVE NEVER, hooked this up and have NEVER had an issue, in fact if you cut this 2nd start acc wire the vehicle still starts so theres no logical reason why were hooking to it, as long as the remote start has the proper acc/ign sequence that 2nd start wire is NOT needed, if your remote start doesnt supply the necassary sequence there is a way to wire 2 relays to do this sequence( i just did it today with an older audiovox reinstall )your no crank could still be a transpnder issue. i have had issues with the idatalink doing gm transponder in the past. when your trying to remote start it and it doesnt crank does it say service theft deterrent in the inst cluster?
willi styles 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

I fixed the issue. It was an immpobilizer issue with the transponder in the key and wouldnt start even when the key was in the ignition. with the key in the ignition it acts like a key sense wire and it wasnt helping me troubleshoot anything LOL. However if I just held the key to the ignition it would work. It was the ADS GM3 key ring (required when you wire type 2 to save on power draw) that you plug into a ADS-DL module that wasnt cooperating. Also apparently you can only program a ADS-GM3 to ONE vehicle which i think is stupid. I just have trouble programming the transponders on these key rings for years

abescustoms 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
im doing a 07 silverado right now and also cant find a crank wire ive read that on a8 model is pink/black using 1280ohm thru for crank is that right does that look right for a 07 also
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic