Viper 5902 vs 7901?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2009 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
jmorales831 wrote:
has anybody heard anything about the bitwriter v2.7 upgrade?
I am going to order one today. I will keep you informed about it as soon as I get it. I believe the actual version number is 2.76.
paul62462 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2009 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
angelars wrote:
That's ridiculous! The only thing that's really different about it is the remote. Mine better come with a installation manual or it's going right back!
My Bitwritter is V2.6 and it's just a few months old. I'd be surprised if they went up that many versions in just a few months. Who is giving you this information?
Might be a good idea if someone could post the link for the installation manual.
Paul C. Duncan
paul62462 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2009 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
[sorry about the other post...or lack of it...... i just installed mine & can tell you this.. #1) there is an install "sheet" just 1 page  which is a block diagram nothing more but if you don't know how to  wire up door locks, trunk release or starter kill, well you should not be installing this or any unit!  #2) the "sheet " gives all programming options for the unit that can be done without a bitwriter #3) you need the newest bitwriter chip to do some of the features on the remote but it is NOT OUT YET...2.6 DOES NOT WORK! the unit will work but would be better with the chip #4 the "sheet" explains how to "pair" the HD remote but, says read the install manual to pair the 1 way remote.   now I installed my unit with no problem although i wish the new chip was out to customize my remote
Paul C. Duncan
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2009 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
My 5902 arrives tomorrow, and I asked the company about the install guide and he said that yes, it does come with a BOOK (not a sheet). We'll see what comes when I get it tomorrow. My 2.7 chip should be here either tomorrow or early next week. It will be nice to clear up all of these questions.
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2009 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
OK our 5902 just arrived and I can tell you that the remote is extremely nice. Without a doubt the nicest remote I've ever seen, and I've been doing this for over 40 years. The remote arrives completely discharged, so I'll need to charge it up before I can post more details about it, but initial reaction is 10 out of 10 (maybe just wish it was a little bit thinner).
I can also confirm what jmorales831 said earlier, that it DOES need a 2.7 version bitwriter chip. Ours should be here soon so I’ll go over that here when it arrives. The install “sheet” that we received is actually a multi-paged sheet, and anyone who is MECP certified will find everything that they need to know about the install on this “Quick Reference Install Guide”. For those who are not MECP certified I recommend that you also look at the 5901 install booklet for further information. Ours did not come with a LED. I don’t know just yet if it’s missing or needs to be purchased separately. All in all the 5902 looks like an incredible system. I’ll give a more detailed review once I have some time to digest all of the information. Also, the remote can now be purchased separately. It is model number 7941V.
faded808 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2009 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
Wanted to know if the brain unit is the same as the 5901? Been thinking about buying this new model but if it is basiclly the same unit with an upgraded remote?
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2009 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
No, this unit (5902) looks to be slightly bigger. Around 6 X 3 1/2 X 1 1/4.
Also, the temperature sensor is built in.
neogeek 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2009 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
Where is the temp sensor on the 5901?
faded808 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2009 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  

angelars wrote:
No, this unit (5902) looks to be slightly bigger. Around 6 X 3 1/2 X 1 1/4.
Also, the temperature sensor is built in.

ahh yes i seen the prain and it looks to be abit bigger, I did noiced that on one plug there are alot of wires on one plug... does it have all the same features as the 5901? or are there other features that it has over the 5901?... also for the l.e.d. light, isnt the led and valet button on the antenna, same with the 5901?

I think the temp sensor on the 5901 is built in also isnt it?

neogeek 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2009 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
yea unless it is in the valet/antenna, it should also be in the brain. Anyone up for trying to see if the remote from ..com works with the 5901?
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic