the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Relay Diagrams - Quick Reference

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  

Here's a new application I hope you'll find to be useful. Let me know what you think. https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagrams.asp

Relay Diagrams - Quick Reference -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
anonymous1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

This will be very beneficial.

It's a lot easier to explain to someone how to make a single or double latching system if you already have diagrams as a reference, or the ability to take one and modify it and add as an attachment.

Good stuff!

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

I agree, it will be a lot easier than having to go to several pages to find what we need.

the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  

Current list of diagrams...

Relay Diagrams - Quick Reference (Last Updated: 5/3/2010)
Connecting Additional Devices to the Remote Turn On Wire
Constant to Momentary Output - Negative Input/Negative Output
Constant to Momentary Output - Negative Input/Positive Output
Constant to Momentary Output - Positive Input/Negative Output
Constant to Momentary Output - Positive Input/Positive Output
Convert a Negative Output to a Positive Output
Convert a Positive Output to a Negative Output
Door Locks - 3 Wire Positive
Door Locks - 4 Wire Reversal
Door Locks - 5 Wire Alternating 12 Volts Positive
Door Locks - Actuators / Reverse Polarity - Negative Switch/Trigger (a)
Door Locks - Actuators / Reverse Polarity - Negative Switch/Trigger (b)
Door Locks - Actuators / Reverse Polarity - Positive Switch/Trigger
Door Locks - Add Auto Lock without an Alarm or Keyless Entry System
Door Locks - Add Auto Unlock without an Alarm or Keyless Entry System
Door Locks - Dodge Caravan (1996 - 2000)
Door Locks - Dodge Caravan (2001 - 2005)
Door Locks - Ford Probe
Door Locks - Nissan Maxima 1995 - 1997, Double Ground Pulse Relay Diagram
Door Locks - Nissan's Single Wire '91-'95 using 1 Relay and 1 Diode (Type F door lock)
Door Locks - Nissan's Single Wire '91-'95 using 2 Relays (Type F door lock)
Door Locks - Toyota with Child Safety Door Lock System
Door Locks - Vacuum Type
GM Vehicle Anti-Theft System - Passkey
GM Vehicle Anti-Theft System - Passkey II
Headlights and Parking Lights on with Wipers - Negative Input/Positive Output
Headlights and Parking Lights on with Wipers - Positive Input/Positive Output
Illuminated Entry for Vehicles with Negative Door Triggers
Illuminated Entry for Vehicles with Positive Door Triggers
Latched On/Off Output Using a Single Momentary Pulse
Latched On/Off Output Using a Single Momentary Pulse - No Diodes
Light Flash - Basic - Negative Input/Positive Output
Light Flash - Two Wire (German Vehicles) - Negative Output from Alarm/Keyless Entry
Light Flash - Two Wire (German Vehicles) - Negative Output from Alarm/Keyless Entry (Dual Make SPST Relay)
Light Flash - Two Wire (German Vehicles) - Positive Output from Alarm/Keyless Entry
Light Flash - Two Wire (German Vehicles) - Positive Output from Alarm/Keyless Entry (Dual Make SPST Relay)
Light Flash - Two Wire (German Vehicles) - Weak Negative Output from Alarm/Keyless Entry
Light Flash - Using Siren Output
Momentary to Constant Output - Negative Input/Positive Output
Momentary to Constant Output - Positive Input/Positive Output
One Channel to Multiple Outputs
Pulsed to Steady Output (Turn signal output to steady output for duration of turn signal)
Radio On Until Door Opened (Retained Accessory Power) - Negative Door Trigger
Radio On Until Door Opened (Retained Accessory Power) - Positive Door Trigger
Remote Start Relay Diagram - Basic Only
Single Pulse to Lock and Unlock
Starter Kill - Normally Closed
Starter Kill - Normally Open
Starter Kill - Passive with Horn Output and Horn Interrupt
Starter Kill - Passive with Remote Turn On Lead
Starter Kill - Passive with Switch
Stereo to Bridged Mono Switched Outputs
Switching from Series to Parallel and Back
Switching from Stereo to Bridged Mono and Series to Parallel
Weak Negative Output to Stronger Ground Output
Weak Positive Output to Higher Current Positive Output
Wigwag Flashing Lights - Negative Input/Positive Output
Wigwag Flashing Lights - Positive Input/Positive Output
Relay Diagrams - Quick Reference -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
anonymous1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

That's a pretty comprehensive list you have.

I have all seven volumes of the "Van Grafs Encyclopedia of Electronic Circuits" in .pdf format . . .  with weigh so much less than the printed volumes i bought in the 90's.  :D

If I run across something else along these lines I will ping you, see what you think.

I may have to slightly modify as to not incur copywright wrath, but I'm sure we can conjur something agreeable.

the12volt 
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks.  It's hard to believe I've been drawing them on paper in notebooks for more than 30 years and I'm just finding some time to create more graphics of some of them for the site.  If you have something you want to share, feel free to shoot me an email (admin at the12volt.com) or post it here.  We'd love to see it and share it with everyone else.

anonymous1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  

the12volt wrote:
Thanks.  It's hard to believe I've been drawing them on paper in notebooks for more than 30 years

Some of my best work was done on napkins at Denny and IHOP for folks late at night. I would overhear the conversations of the engineering students as they re inented the wheel and drop them some nuggets.

It's good to have more readily abailable PC tools to draw with now too, as apposed to the mid 90's and before.

By chance, do you use FoxIT pdf software? Maybe we can talk more about the drawing topic in another thread as to not derail this one.

the12volt 
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
Ha, yeah, I've drawn a few on napkins.  I'm still using MS Paint to create these just like I did in the 90's :)  No, I don't use FoxIT pdf software.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged  
MS Paint? You mean there are other packages available?
(At least you use color. I'm a Herculean - not into this modern CGA rubbish!)
And SIR the12volt, great stuff! You have already reached far & wide, yet you continue to improve, review etc.
All Hail the best voltage!
(It makes me wonder if Tesla was wrong after all...)
the12volt 
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
lol... Thanks oldspark. With the exception of the logo and saving them as GIF's, it's all done in Paint. 
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic