icon

cant find switched 12volt in 2002 impala

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
samuelsteven 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 3:18 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, so I bought the relocation harness to move the stock radio to the trunk and make room for the new aftermarket deck. I bought the Metra 70-2003T, but theres no switched 12 volts in the harness. It came with a separate red wire, which I'm guessing is to use to tap into a power source. I cant find anything besides a constant 12V, which of course i dont want to use, I want the radio to turn on and off with the key. Anybody know where I'm supposed to tap?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
You can use the brown wire in the ignition switch harness for accessory power. Make sure to install an inline fuse close to the place where you make your connection to protect the circuit/car.
sparky
infoseeker 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2010 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys I have been working on my 2000 impala getting a 7in dvd cd radio nav system installed , i tryed the relocation harness but found that was a waste of time. I bought a intergration harness from hifisoundconnection called the gmco for the impala, I also  had the idea that the factory radio had to be there to reset low tire and oillife , but there is other ways to reset them. these are the most common things that will come up . you can find the things you need to know about your impala on a web site called( impala how to's.) there is a help on there for a power connection up behind the glovebox and how to reset the oillife and the low tire lights.  there is a power wire on the relocation harness if you still go that way. for your memory to keep your stations settings, use the yellow wire to yellow on the deck there should be power from your factoy harness to the relocation harness when it is pluged into it, best to use a light tester and see whitch one comes on with the ignition.Are you going with RCAs off the deck  to a amp or just  factory wires to the speakers useing the factoy amp,IF NOT RCAs.  the SPEAKER wires are the same, its just gray to gray white to white and green to green purple to purple. The only thing with the intergration harness i had to connect the blue power from the deck to the blue wire that said power antanna to power up the factory amp. It also has all the chimes and warning sounds on it, works well. Sometimes i ramble on, does this sound like it will help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic