icon

python 1401 remote start manual

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aquatech3 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2010 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
I am new at this forum stuff. I have not figured out how to post a new topic yet so I figured I could maybe get some help here. I just bought a Python 1401 remote start kit refurbished and it does not have installation instructions. I cant seem to find help any where on this subject. Does anyone know where I can get a manual on install?
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2010 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
go to downloads section of this site and search viper 5101, it's the same product just a different name on it.
Advanced
aquatech3 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2010 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help i appreciate it. I will post back after i install it and its working or if i have questions because its not.
aquatech3 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2010 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I downloaded the Viper 5101 install manual and installed the system and I bought the PATS Transponder Interface module from Directed so I would not have any problems with hardware conflicts. The remote start locks and unlocks my doors fine but it will not start the vehicle not even crank over. The only thing it does is makes a clicking noise 14 times and flashes my running lights every time it clicks. Any ideas?
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2010 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
The 14 clicks sounds like you hear the relay closing and opening it's contacts in other words did you change the mode from manual to automatic trans in menu 3  feature 1 to option 2.  It's actually 7 flashes of the parking lights which means manual trans mode not enabled.  From the factory the default setting is manual transmission mode which means there is a shutdown sequence in order to remote start it.  You have to access the menu with the valet switch or the bitwriter and change it to automatic mode if you have an automatic transmission.  check the manual, on page 40 it starts and explains the whole menu thing and changing features with the valet switch and watching the led.  Sometimes it's easier if you hook up the horn output but it does get kind of loud when it alerts you during programming. 
Advanced
aquatech3 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2010 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
That is exactly what is happening, the relay is opening and closing and the lights do flash 7 times. I seen the note about the manual transmission mode but totally forgot about it. I will try to set it automatic next. I do have the horn wired into the system but the one thing I am sure of is how to use the valet yet. The only time the light comes on is when I set lock the doors and it continually flashes but when i press the button armed or not the blue light does not flash. Is this correct or do I need to do something in order to get it into programming mode and see manual flashes. I will read the manual again but it seemed kind of vague in areas.
aquatech3 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2010 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
Never mind the last part of my post I just read page 40 like you said and it's pretty clear how to access the programming. :)
aquatech3 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2010 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
Ok next issue. I went through the menus and set the system to automatic like you said and now it does sound like its trying to do something. It make three three three different click noises now like one relay opening and closing then another opening possibly but its doesn't power up the instrument panel and start the vehicle. After I activate the system though I can put my key in the ignition turn it to the run position and the truck will try to start by itself. Kinda freaked me out at first. It acts like everything is working except whatever sends power to the truck at start up signaling the system to fire. Any thoughts?
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2010 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you are missing an ignition wire or not powering one you have connected to
Advanced

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic