icon

Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brent w 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so i replaced all the speakers...err door speakers. Now when i go to wire in the 4 channel i found the amp in the back on the drivers side. After testing the speaker wires coming out of the amp to the speakers i get one set for rear left, and one for rear right. The other four pairs of wires coming out of the factory amp just go to the "subs" in the rear right behind the panel.
Anyone know where the front speaker wires are coming out of the factory amp? Want to get this done tonight >.<.
Brent
brent w 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so to add some more detail to this since no one has answered yet, The factory amp has 6 sets of twisted wires coming out of it, a remote turn on(white), and a 12v constant and ground.
Can't tell you the exact wire colors because i'm not at work anymore, but this is my best guess.
One set is blue/white blue/brown another set is blue/red blue/brown. when i tested that set with a tone generator it was controlling the mid bass woofers in the cargo area.
The next group is yellow and brown(two separate wires) then blue brown(two separate wires). That is rear left and rear right. The actual rear door speakers.
Then i have another group that is yellow brown(two separate wires) and blue brown(two separate wires) this set also controls the mid bass in the cargo area just like the first set of blue with tracers.
So the issue i have is that i can't find the 14 gauge wire that comes out of the front door speakers at the amp, or at the doors. I know they are 14 gauge because thats what i used to wire into the crossover in the front doors. I can't run, or don't want to run new wires to the front doors because it has a molex that i really don't want to drill through.
If anyone has run into this, or can give me some ideas, PLEASE DO.
Brent
brent w 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2010 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
by the way, its a 2004.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 01, 2010 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

I do not know if you still need help, or if you found the front speaker wires.  But Audiovox has this info for your vehicle.

WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image.
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. Battery RED / WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image.
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. Accesory VIOLET/WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. Ground BROWN (-) RADIO HARNESS
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. Illumination YELLOW (+) RADIO HARNESS
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. Power Antenna WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. Amp Turn On WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. LF Speaker (+) YELLOW/RED
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. LF Speaker (-) BROWN / ORANGE
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. RF Speaker (+) BLACK/ RED
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. RF Speaker (-) BROWN / ORANGE
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. LR Speaker (+) YELLOW/BLACK
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. LR Speaker (-) BLACK/ ORANGE
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. RR Speaker (+) BLUE/BLACK
Adding a 4ch Amp to a 2004 BMW X5 -- posted image. RR Speaker (-) BROWN / ORANGE

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic