icon

remote start wiring for 2005 pontiac g6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
archer159 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2010 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
I am in need of the wiring for an 05 G6. Any tips are greatly appreciated as it has been a while since working on any newer GM products. (I used to do this professionally) Thanks in advance.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2010 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
Battery RED / WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS Ignition 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS Accessory 1 BROWN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS Starter 1 START WIRE NOT NEEDED Anti-Theft Type GM PASSKEY IIIŽ VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER Anti-Theft Descript THE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER Tachometer TAN (-) AT FUEL INJECTOR OR PCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE HEADLIGHT UNDER HOOD Crankshaft Sensor LIGHT BLUE/BLACK (AC) AT PCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE HEADLIGHT UNDER HOOD Camshaft Sensor BROWN / WHITE (AC) AT PCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE HEADLIGHT UNDER HOOD Speed Sense YELLOW (-) AT EBCM MODULE BETWEEN BRAKE BOOSTER AND DRIVERS SIDE SHOCK TOWER UNDER HOOD Parking Lights BROWN / WHITE (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND TRIM AT FRONT OF CENTER CONSOLE ON PASSENGER SIDE Brake Lights WHITE (+) AT BCM MODULE Reverse Lights LIGHT BLUE (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND TRIM AT FRONT OF CENTER CONSOLE ON PASSENGER SIDE Horn TAN (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND TRIM AT FRONT OF CENTER CONSOLE ON PASSENGER SIDE
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2010 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
I do not know how long it has been since you did a remote start, but I am guessing by reading that the start wire is not needed to do a remote start, that this is not going to be an easy car for you to try and get back into the game with.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  

Here is a link to Bulldog Secutity:  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp   They have the wire listing and some nice pictures for your car.  With the right bypass module, the car can be fairly easy to do.

You will need a bypass module for your car, it has PK3+ immobilizer.  You can save yourself some time by spending a little more for the bypass and get one that takes care of the door locks, trunk, factory alarm, etc.  Here is a link to Fortin offerings for your car:  https://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/pontiac/g6/2005/  Their modules come pre-loaded and ready to go.  The DEI DLPK  is the same thing.  http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=122

Good luck.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
Being slightly anal I noticed that tach in the above list is shown as NEG rather than AC is this a typo?
Also a question I'm hoping can be answered, could you use either crankshaft or camshaft positional sensors to obtain a tach reading?
archer159 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help. I havent done a rs since last winter but got this car done in about 4 hours... not too bad. I didnt have the module for the keyless but resistors and relays work just fine. It was actually easier than I was prepared for. Thanks again for the info.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic