delay 12v pulse kawasaki er6 n 2006

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jelle2503 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all
I've really been looking hard the last couple of days for a solution, spent countless of hours searching everywhere. Normally am used to finding out all kinds of things myself, but now I'm just stuck. Really need to start looking for good study materials on this kind of subject, i'm really liking it. So far have been able to install this alarm on my bike with no problem with hardly any experience. I opted to install properly. All info I found on this useful forum (soldering and taping connections and such)
I need to delay a 2 second pulse, for 5 seconds. It's a 12v signal coming from my Spy FM5000 alarm that powers the startermotor relais from my motorcycle. I want it delayed because to allow ignition (ECU) to run DFI test procedures.
Here's how it is now upon pressing the startbutton on the remote:
12v |¯¯¯2s¯¯¯|____________________
But I would like it to be like this:
12v ____5s pause_____|¯¯¯2s¯¯|____
I have found this attachment on a forum using 2 555 timers, it looks to be what I need but I need different timing. Myself am unable to figure out what rating resistor and caps I would need, in order to achieve a 5 seconds pause, and a 2 seconds pulse. I do realize there's formula's for it. The second link provides a scheme of a 556 timer for a delayed pulse.
delay 12v pulse kawasaki er6 n 2006 -- posted image.
http://sabica-elektronika-it.blogspot.com/2010/06/timer-556.html
Is there anyone that can help me out on this one? Adapt one of those schemes for my timings? Or provide me with an alternative (simple) way? I'm willing to pay for the knowledge so my alarm will start the engine with a 5 second delay. I discared keys on all my vehicles so far.
Greetings from Netherlands, Amsterdam.
jelle2503 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Added this 3rd scheme, which'll also delay and then give a short pulse. I need that pulse to be 2 seconds though. Just figured it might come in handy.
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/Images/10sMono+Pulse.gif
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
The second is similar to the first - it's the 2nd 555 timer that extends the short output pulse.
Use the first but power it from IGN +12V (each 555 will draw about 10mA unless you use the CMOS version (7555).
jelle2503 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply, I've edited these scheme's, to which I think they're ok, but am not totally sure. I'm still a nub but at least I'm working this.
https://img7.imageshack.us/i/scheme1delaysingle555.png/
https://img862.imageshack.us/i/scheme2delaydual555.png/
The one with the single 555 won't give a clean 12v and does not have clean trailing edges, but I think it's perfect for closing a coil on a relay.
Approve of my scheme's, and which one I should use? Please?
jelle2503 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
Can't edit my posts, here's clickable links:
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
If you think the single-555 pulse is long enough, fine.
In both cases, the one-shot delay or pulse is 1.1 x R x C (seconds, Ohms, Farads) or close enough to RC where R is from +V to pin 6&7, and C is from 6&7 to gnd.
See the 555 tutorials on the web - eg The Electronics Club's 555 and 556 Timer Circuits and Unitech Electronics' A Plethora Of NE-555 data - NE555 Tutorials Page
jelle2503 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for these links, but I think I have enough to read on 555 for now lol
I'm gonna buy a breadboard, and experiment a little with it. I think I'm confident enough to start messing with it.
Thanks for your help.
rod kinner 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
jelle2503 wrote:
thanks for these links, but I think I have enough to read on 555 for now lol
I'm gonna buy a breadboard, and experiment a little with it. I think I'm confident enough to start messing with it.
Thanks for your help.
x360key buy pedestal fan buy pedestal fan
enoxos 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
jelle,
I am not sure why you need the 5 sec pause with the spy alarm.
The way this alarm is designed for the remote start uses a two step procedure.
Namely, you press the start button once, wait a bit to go thru the procedures of testing the EFI (everything should be powered at this stage, except the start motor) and then you press the start button again and the bike starts.
This is how I have the spy 5000 connected on my 2009 yahama star and it works perfectly.
Renee
jagadeesh 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
did you do the project on the bread board by connecting a 25 watts bulb as load to test delayed start, eager to see sucess.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic