icon

Are Power Acoustik amps any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
caraudionewb 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2003 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  

Can someone please tell me if this amp is any good for running my rockford fosgate power hx2 tens.Each sub has dual 2ohm voicecoil, each subs rms is 1000 watts and its peak power is 2000 watts.Dont be afraid to get technical with your answers.Also, please tell me if you have had any experience with any of the Power Acoustik amps before. Tell me if you liked them or didnt like them and why.

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2003 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
Power Acoustik = crap...does it really need to be any more technical than that???
Ryan Smith 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2003 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Yep - pretty much some ghetto Ebay crap, just like Audiobahn, Jensen, Pyramid, Sony Xplod and a list of others that's too long to type...
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2003 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
When you say POWERACOUSTIK is junk I would have to ask what you are comparing it to, I had a Sterling 600 in high school and my little bro. is stil pounding the hell out of his Pioneer subs with it. I would say don't spend much on them though. As far as calling Audiobahn amps junk LMFAO! How many have you had? Or is that what you heard. Putting it with Jensen, and Pyramid makes no sense. Also what's ghetto Ebay crap?
Ryan Smith wrote:
Yep - pretty much some ghetto Ebay crap, just like Audiobahn, Jensen, Pyramid, Sony Xplod and a list of others that's too long to type...
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
honestly I dont think Audiobahn is very impressive at all...
I wouldnt quite classify it as low as Pyramid and Jensen, but I have never heard an Audiobahn product that I would personally spend a single red penny on...it sounds like absolute ass most of the time and really isnt as loud as they have been hyped to be...
of course this is all personal opinion, and I am sure others opinions differ, but this is mine...
mr2quick 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
Well, i am glad to hear that my questions that i was going to post is here about the quality of Pyramid products. But i also pose this question to everyone about Boss products. Are they worthwhile?
I bought a system that was in a Fiero containing 2 x JL 8" and 2 x Audiobahn 10" and it was loud as hell. But then again they are right behind each persons seat.
I wouldn't trust any company really that is found in a major chain of stores (Wal*Mart to be exact) because they like to sell really cheap stuff.
aaronluvsbazz 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  

Boss is as bad as Jensen

DjRDifacs 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
if you'd like to have a good amp, go with (my favorite) Earthquake PH, or Rockford, MTX, Orion and kicker
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
If you would like to have a good amp then go with MMats, Massive, Linear, Zapco, Arc, PPI, Xtant, Cadence, Planet Audio, etc.
Rockford and Kicker amps are nothing special. JMO
DjRDifacs wrote:
if you'd like to have a good amp, go with (my favorite) Earthquake PH, or Rockford, MTX, Orion and kicker
JellyNutz 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2003 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Enough of this.. If you want an amp with some balls go with JL AUDIO or PPI. These are the only 2 manufacturers on earth that I am aware of that use a REGULATED POWER SUPPLY in their amplifiers so whenever your dippin to 11v you still get the same rated power you would get at 14.4v. Most people don't take into consideration that you cause a voltage drop when your amp is playing and several of the amps mentioned here will choke unless you have a extraordinary charging system. The only other amps listed here I would consider using are: Xtant, mtx, orion... I would also personally reccomend Phoenix Gold. Anything else here is just cheap and overated (1000w with a 20A fuse?? YEAH RIGHT!) or mediocre. I know everyone has their own opinion but I've installed all of this stuff (And I install PG, JL, and MTX on a daily basis) and when we call this stuff crap it really is crap. For instance, I installed a power acoustik amp that was rated at 1000w which had a continous power rating of 200w... and that was at 14.4v (or maybe even 16-18 for all we know?) and the damping factor was so low it sounded like a in-tune fart everytime the bass hit. The same goes with Audiobahn. These amps have an extremely poor damping factor and they sound horrible at lower impedences. Anyone that knows anything about a good amplifier will first read a spec sheet on the amp before purchasing it... It can tell you several things you don't know about an amp because nowadays anyone can put a 1000w sticker on an amp and sell it...
Jesse
Joseph's Car Everything

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic