icon

2006 envoy denali remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
truckmann 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hello experts. I have installed an Autopage C3RS665-2W into a 2006 GMC Envoy Denali which has the V8 engine and I cannot get the remote start to work. I can't even get the system to attempt a start. I am using a iDatalink ADS-ALSL GM module in which I have made sure to update with the latest firmware. I have it hooked up and programed for 2-way communication except for the Tach signal which I have sourced from the instrument cluster since that isn't available via the data bus on the V8 engines. The lock, unlock and door open notifications are all working properly. The remote start however, does not even attempt to work and I need some ideas on what to check. When I push the button to remote start the remote just beeps 3 times and then nothing happens, I am not even hearing the relays click on the unit. I have went through the programming to set it to Tach learning mode, but I have not been able to get the system into the tach learning mode. I have tried dozens of times and after I push the valet button 11 times and hold in nothing ever happens. I would really appreciate any ideas you can give me to resolve this problem.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
If the relays aren't clicking then there is most likely a shut down being activated. I would check your brake wire connection and make sure it is 12v only when the brake pedal is pressed. Also, I'm not familiar with that unit, but is there a neutral safety shutdown that needs to be ground?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
After a quick google search for the install manual, what do you have the BLACK/ white wire from the H7 connector attached to? That should see a ground in order to start. If the vehicle has a factory neutral safety start (will not start in gear.. which it should) then you can either ground this wire or ground it through a switch.
And finally, if that is connected properly, also check your hood pin input to make sure you are only getting a ground signal when the hood is open (open circuit when hood is closed)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
truckmann 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
Oh man call me stupid, but I bet you are right. I hope that's all I did wrong. I believe I neglected to hook that one up thinking the iDatalink took care of it.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion I'll check that out as soon as I can.
truckmann 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks a lot for pointing out my mistake. I did neglect to hook up the Park/neutral safety wire. I also ended up needing to use the voltage method for detecting start which is fine. For some reason I could not get the Autopage unit into the Tach learning mode. After cycling the key and pressing the valet butting the required amount of times and holding it nothing would ever happen... No big deal since it is working now without using the tach.
offroadzj 
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
Other than the over-rev protection there really is no need for the tach on that vehicle. The drop in acc. tells the bcm to start and the bcm takes over from there. The remote start doesn't actually crank the starter. Did you connect the starter wire?
As far as programming the tach... did you have the engine running at all? And what did you connect the tach wire to?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Kenny, isn't "Hello Experts" so much nicer than "So I"?
offroadzj 
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
that it is... and its nice to have someone who actually takes your suggestions and puts them to use. Instead of just, "No, that can't be it because ____"
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Yes and the worst cases are those who don't even listen, the post goes around the houses, comes back to what you suggested 3 pages ago and I want to scream pay attention you moron! And sometimes do which is why I've twice been "demoted" from Platinum2006 envoy denali remote start problem -- posted image.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
that makes me winder where my 4 or 5 stars are.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic