the12volt.com spacer
icon

mazda 3 prostart ct 3471tw rs w/db all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fishv12 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fishv12
Good morning,

I would like some help with the installation of the ProStart CT-3471TW remote starter with a DBAll module installed in a 2005 Mazda 3 Sport automatic. Currently I have it all wired and I am unable to program the DB-ALL. I have taken the wiring diagram from the DBAll as a reference in D2D mode and not connecting the leads from the remote start and the DB-All that were not indicated.

More info on the RS where you can find the install guide: http://www.autostart.ca/prostart/prod-en_CT-3400TW.php

More info on the DB-All where you can find the install guide: http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=7086&productid=461&firmwareid=2464

I have the following connections made (soldered everything...):

From the RS

6 Pin Harness

A Red +12V -------> Red @ Ignition Harness

B Purple Starter Output ---------> Grey/Black @ Ignition Harness

C Red +12V -------> Red @ Ignition Harness

D Yellow Ignition Output --------> GREEN/ YELLOW @ Ignition Harness

E Orange Accessories Output ---------> Pink / YELLOW @ Ignition Harness

F Green 5th relay output -------------> N/C

5 Pin Harness

1 Black Chassis Ground --------> To safe chassis ground

2 Purple Tach input -----------> N/C

3 Gray Hood Switch ---------> BLACK / YELLOW @ OEM hood switch connector under pass side glove box

4 Orange Brake Switch input ---------> RED / White @ Driver kick panel

5 Yellow Positive Parking Brake output -----------> N/C

12 Pin Harness

None are connected

3 Pin Harness

1 Gray/Light Blue Aux2 -----> N/C

2 Blue/White Aux1 -----------> N/C

3 Yellow/White Negative Parking Lights Output ----------> BLACK/ White @ Driver kick panel

From the DB-All

14 Pin Harness

3 Tan/Black HSCAN High -----> ODBII connector pin 6

4 Tan HSCAN Low -------> ODBII connector pin 14

12 Pin Harness

8 Violet/Green Door Lock MUX output-------> GREEN/ Red @ Driver kick panel

9 Violet/Brown Door Lock MUX output -------> same as above

10 Yellow/Black TX -------> Grey/Orange @ Ignition Switch

11 ORANGE / Black RX -------> WHITE/ Green @ Ignition Switch

10 Pin Harness

9 Pink ignition input --------> GREEN/ YELLOW @ Ignition Harness

From here I tried to program the DB-ALL following the steps within the document for type 5 using a DBALL with firmware 401.Mazda v1.10.11. From the intructions since the Mazda is an automatic I have to start vehicule with the remote start although I did not manage to program the remote (more on this below) so I have tried to follow the manual transmission install procedure even though it is an automatic. All of the steps seem to go flawlessly but after step 6 the dball simply flashes red and nothing happens. From there I cannot go any further. I have tried doing this many times with the same results.

Trying to program my remote starter the unit doesn't seem to want to enter programming mode. I flash the hood pin for 4 secs and then on/off and the parking lights go on then immediatly off within 4 seconds. I have tried 2 remote starters and they both did the same without really entering the programming mode so I haven't been able to program the remote. The antenna is connected and I have tried all the steps included in the troubleshooting pages with the same result. I do not know if it is because the DB-All needs to be programmed first although from the instructions it seems to be dependent on the remote starter.

I have installed the same remote start with the dball in another vehicle with absolutely no issue although it did not require so much programming. If you can tell me what I am doing wrong that would be great.

Thanks in advance!  

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
the manual is poorly written.
entering program mode is tricky and is all dependant on timing. whereabouts are you located?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
fishv12 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2011 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fishv12

Thank you for your reply Tedmond it was very tricky indeed to get the programming done but with help from the techs @ XpressKit.com I was able to install it in less than 20 minutes. Here is to anyone trying to install it in their Mazda 3 for later reference. The wiring above is 100% correct IF your OEM hood pin is working as mine wasn't.  So this means that in my case I had to install the hood pin which came with the RS. As for installation I installed both my RS and DBAll modules behind the glove box compartment (where your fuses are) and routed my wires over to the driver side. No reason other than I felt like there was a lack or room under the driver side and wanted to have a clean install where the RS wouldn't come down and dangle on my feet while I was driving. There is plenty of room there and your RS will be nicely tucked in there. As for the location of the wires I have been given a really good PDF document with pictures of the location of all the wires and connectors. I would link to it although there is no way for me to do so. If required send me a PM with your email address.

As for the programming when you are done your wiring here is what you need to do for an AUTOMATIC.

First start by programming your RS. To do so you first need to unplug the red 12 pin harness from your DBAll. This will unplug the RX/TX wires from the DBAll and allow you to program the RS without the DBAll interfacing with the PATS. As a side note the DBAll is nothing but like programming a third key to your car as it acts just like a key without physically having one. Second insert your key inside the ignition. This will be your key to allow you to program your RS as the DBAll is not programmed yet (remember it acts just like a third key). Then simply follow the steps needed to program your RS and it will allow you to remote start it with the key in the ignition only. As an aside I would program the RS with the shortest delay as possible before your car starts. This will help you to program the DBAll as the delay to start needs to be short and you need to perform the steps at a relatively fast pace.

Second now that your RS is programmed correctly with the shortest delay for the start as possible. Reconnect your red 12 pin harness to the DBAll which was unplugged in the previous steps. Then go on programming your DBAll as per the instructions provided. When you finish programming your second key immediately press on the RS transmitter button EVEN BEFORE you press the programming button on the DBAll to perform the last step. This will allow the RS to start the starting procedure and power the ignition while you are pressing the programming button so the last step can be performed in time. Took me a couple of tries before I finally got it. I became very familiar with the whole procedure as well with all the trying I did the day before! Keep your finger on the programming button and the DBAll should go steady green for a few seconds and then you can release when the light turns off. Your DBAll is now programmed!

From there you simply test your RS and all of it's functions and if everything works you slap everything back in and get yourself a good cold beer! Finish and of story :)

fishv12 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2015 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fishv12
I have had some requests for the PDF I mentionned in my post concerning the wire colors. I have since lost it along with other files. Sorry I haven't replied to some of my PM's about this but it does seem I have helped a few :)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic