the12volt.com spacer
icon

bypass module of choice installers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
id sean 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote id sean
I usually recommend my customers stock the ADS-ALCA, ADS-TB, and the Fortin EVO-ALL for their new Nissan PTS firmware . You have almost every vehicle covered with the best modes of installation
Sean McAuliffe
Sales Rep.
Installation Distributors
id sean 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote id sean
the Xpresskit PKTX is great if you do a lot of new Fords or Toyotas with 80 bit key. It is a 1 step process as opposed to the ALCA which is a 2 step process.
Sean McAuliffe
Sales Rep.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shortcircuit161
I've always used DEI bypasses and RS/alarms (better cost and reliable for the most part). I have noticed recently though that Idatalink has A LOT more features that can be controlled compared to DEI and packed into a much smaller package. And in some cases, Idatalink and Fortin were the ONLY ones with a solution for my install. I'm considering switching to Idatalink or Fortin. But to be fair, even though I always connect the brake shutdown and parking light wire directly when possible, all the installs I've done with DB-ALLs have worked well and with D2D connected to the RS/Alarms.
sidone 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sidone
Can anyone tell me if a DBALL will work D2D with an AutoPage RS?
Steve
id sean 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote id sean
i am pretty sure dei and autopage use the same protocol but don't quote me on that
Sean McAuliffe
Sales Rep.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Not sure which AutoPage unit but it looks like they only do iDatalink bypass modules.

This excerpt from the C3RS665 Install Guide :

H9. RS232 C I 3 SERIAL TWO-WAY DATA PORT CONNECTION:
This connector is to be used for Serial Data communications with
idatalink modules by Auto Page only! DO NOT CONNECT THIS TO
ANY OTHER WIRING

This excerpt from the C3 RS 601 Install Guide :

H8. RS232 C3 SERIAL TWO-WAY DATA PORT CONNECTION:
This connector is to be used for Serial Data communications with I-Datalink modules by Auto Page only!
DO NOT CONNECT THIS TO ANY OTHER WIRING!

This excerpt from the C3 RS 730 Install Guide :

H2. RS232 C I 3 SERIAL TWO-WAY DATA PORT CONNECTION:
This connector is to be used for Serial Data communications with idatalink modules by Auto Page only!
DO NOT CONNECT THIS TO ANY OTHER WIRING!

Soldering is fun!
sidone 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sidone
Thanks for the info. I ripped the DBALL out and ordered an iDataLink. I couldn't get the DBALL to work correctly. It acted like it programmed but every time I moved the key fob out of the area, the "no key" light would light up on the dash. 2 days down the drain.
Steve
phil6710 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote phil6710
I stock Idattalink only ,,The ALCA and the TB. And at a priceof 46$ and 32$ I think that is cheap considering how well they work and the time they save. Although I still bypass most security systems with a relay and an extra key, IF the customer wants to save money on the install, which most do. Fortin has good stuff too but Idatalink works flawlessly with Compustar and Scytec which is what I mostly sell. I hate the dei,trilogic crap. Tried it used it hate it. If one company like DEI makes or owns the bypasses why dont they work data to data? There should be no compatability issues. You shouldent have to do wire to wire ever. Come on its only software and it could be corected to work so why is a problem? 
Solartech Window Tinting and Electronics,contract installer
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
DEI don't make the by-passes, they bought out the Canadian company that did. Fortin refuse to supply them.
It's even more complicated here, we have to import US specific product and sometimes it simply won't work here. Because of previous Ford ownership, UK hot Focus models use the Volvo T5 turbo engine and push to start ignition systems, as do some Land Rovers, plus keyless go, I know that one was a nightmare for DEI Europe to get right.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
Fortin will work with any unit w2w, but only d2d with a few specific models.
the idatalink will work with d2d protocols from compustar, autopage, DBI (Directed) when flashed appropriately.
Not a fan of using d2d, sure it saves so much time, but in the end if problems arise, you spend more time troubleshooting or going back to w2w
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic