icon

2004 dodge ram 1500, python 574

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
seanw727 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
Well i have searched here, dodgeforum and several other sources and have not found what im looking for. I have found all of the install information and even recieved direct information from a metra rep. Hopefully someone here can help me fill in the blanks.
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7l V8 5-Speed Manual Trans (Quad Cab)
I intend on installing a Python 574 Remote STart/Security System. I am questioning myself on the Resistors and Relays needed to make the door locks work. And everything with a question mark in the images i will attatch.
2004 dodge ram 1500, python 574 -- posted image.
2004 dodge ram 1500, python 574 -- posted image.
Thanks for any help you can give me,
Sean
id sean 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Check the guide for the iDatalink ALCA , maybe that will help you out.
https://idatalink.com/search/index/model/5088
Sean McAuliffe
Sales Rep.
Installation Distributors
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
That really doesnt answer my question. I Dont understand what im supposed to do with the information you have given me sean. Sorry!
id sean 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
what bypass module are you using?
Sean McAuliffe
Sales Rep.
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
i originally wasnt planning on using one. but after more research i ordered the 456c directed. Hopefully that will work. But im still having trouble locating where all the wires with a ????? hook up to.
id sean 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
You don't need to know all of that information if you use an ADS-AL CA bypass module is what my point was. If you use the ALCA, the guide gives you all of the information you need to know and it is a much much much simpler install than trying to do all the convenience features manually.
Sean McAuliffe
Sales Rep.
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ahh ok. See i dont need the immobilizer because i dont have the chip key. But do need the door lock feature working. If this doesnt work ill try the idata one.
id sean 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
ah gotcha.
Sean McAuliffe
Sales Rep.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
I'll go through the wires one at a time. In the install manual, it should also give you a run down of each wire. Make sure to test every wire with a DMM... don't just go off the wire chart. It can be wrong!!!
Orange   ground when armed   This wire provides a 200ma ground signal when the alarm is armed to run additional LEDs, window roll up modules, etc. It is normally not used.
Pink/white   (-) 200ma ignition/flex relay control output   This is a secondary (-) 200ma output that is activated at the same time as the main ignition wire (or accessory depending on how it is programmed). It is normally not used.
BLACK/ white   Neutral Safety Input   This wire must see ground either through a factory Neutral Safety Switch (ground when vehicle is in neutral, open when in gear). However with the truck being a 5spd and the alarm/starter being placed into manual mode, this wire will most likely need to be connected to the factory parking brake. Check with the install manual to be sure.
Dark blue   Status output   This wire shows a (-) 200ma signal when the remote start is activated. This is mostly used for triggering immobilizer bypass modules. You will probably not need this connection.
Pink   (-) 200ma Ignition 1 Output   This is the same as the pink/white above, but it is activated with the Ignition output only. Normally not used.
WHITE/ black   Aux 3 output   This wire is used for driving relays for external accessories that may be added. Normally not used.
Violet   (+) Door trigger input   This wire is used when the vehicle door pin is a (+) signal.
WHITE/ Violet   Aux 1 output   Same as WHITE/ black.
Violet/black   Aux 2 output   Same as WHITE/ black.
ORANGE / black   Aux 4 output   Same as WHITE/ black.
Violet / YELLOW   (-) 200ma Starter output   This wire is the same as the (-) ignition and flex relay outputs above. It sends a (-) 200ma signal whenever the main starter wire is activated. Normally not used however you will most likely use it to drive a relay to bypass your clutch safety switch.
WHITE/ blue   Remote Start/Turbo Timer activation input   This wire will activate the remote start feature of the vehicle when it is grounded. Normally not used except for when the turbo timer function is used and an external trigger is wanted.
Orange   (-) 200ma Accessory output   Same as Pink and Pink/White above.
RED / White   Flex relay 12v input   Connect this wire along with the Red and RED / Black wires to a constant 12v source.
Orange   Accessory output   Connect this wire to your accessory wire on the truck.
Violet   Starter output   (car side)   Connect this wire to the car side of your cut factory starter wire.
Green   Starter input (key side)   Connect this wire to the key side of your cut factory starter wire.
Red   Ignition 12v output   See RED / White above.
Pink/white   Flex relay output   Connect this wire to a 2nd ignition or 2nd accessory wire on the vehicle (must reprogram unit for 2nd accessory)
Pink/Black   Flex relay input (key side)   This wire is only used if the 2nd accessory/ignition wire needs to be cut for remote start. Not required on your truck.
To be 100% honest, it sounds like you are in way over your head. You are asking some of the absolute most basic questions. I'm all about going head first, but you are taking a BIG risk if you are not 100% confident in your skills. One wrong or improper connection can cause THOUSANDS of dollars in damage to the truck. My advice is to bring it to a professional. Its worth the cost.
Manual transmissions also add an additional difficulty and safety issue if not done properly.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
I am confident in my ability to do this. However it is my first install. And anything i questioned myself on i figured i would ask here. I'd rather be 100% positive before i go into any project. Thanks for your advice.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic