the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Toyota Tacoma Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2012 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Vehicle: 2010 Toyota Tacoma Automatic
Starter: Python 580
Bypass: Key-Override-All (Fortin)
Disassembly:
- Remove Door sill panel and driver kick panel
- Pop off small plastic "door" on right side of knee bolster and remove (2) 10mm bolts on either side of bolster
2010 Toyota Tacoma Remote Start Pictorial -- posted image.
- Remove (3) 10mm bolts on metal support bracket. Lift up and out to remove bracket.
- Remove (2) Phillips head screws behind steering wheel and remove lower steering column plastic.
Installation:
- Main ignition harness at ignition switch
- Parking lights (-) at light switch
- Brake switch and horn at front of fuse panel
- Door locks found in Driver Kick panel coming from driver door.
- Keysense at ignition switch
- Data wires found at ignition switch
No pictured:
- Tach signal found at OBD connector
- Hood pin was added for installation.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
rascal737 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
a couple of questions for a python 574 remote start install... I have a 2009 toyota tacoma, auto, dbl cab
1: i don't have starter 1 and starter 2 wires for my remote start, but i do have starter input and output wires.....do i connect them to the starter 1 (GREEN/ black) and starter 2 (BLACK/ white) wires?
2: the remote start has an onboard flex relay....(30) flex relay output (carside of ign, acc or starter wire) do I connect my ign 2 wire (blue/white) to this output on the module?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 5:33 AM / IP Logged  

2009 thru 2012 should be the same. 

Ans 1.)  No. H3-4 goes to Starter1.  H3-5 is optional - if you want starter kill, cut the Starter1 wire, connect H3-4 to vehicle side & H3-5 to key switch side.  To power the Starter2 wire an addition 30/40A SPDT relay controlled by H2-18 is required.

Ans 2.) Yes.  Connect H3-7 to Ignition2.  Factory default programming sets this output as IGN2.

Be sure to connect H3-2, H3-6, H3-9 and H1-1 to +12V constant.

Soldering is fun!
rascal737 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
thanks kreg357.....
so what your saying is (just so that i'm 100%), answer 1:) either option (starter kill or not), I still need another relay......pin 86 and 87 to 12V+, pin 85 to H2/18(starter output), pin 30 to vehicle starter 2 wire (BLACK/ white) and pin 87a open (NC)
and yes wires H3/2, H3/6, H3/9 and H1/1 are connected to 12V+ constant
I really appreciate your help
This is my first remote start install so I'm taking it really slow, locating, testing wires, routing, and temporarily connecting to make sure all routing is hidden and wires are long enough
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  

Yes,exactly right.  If you want Starter kill / anti-grind, cut the vehicles Starter1 wire and connect H3-4 and H3-5 to the correct sides of the cut wire.

The extra relay for Starter2 wiring is correct, too.  Just add a fuse to the Pin 86 / 87 +12V connection.

Doing great so far!  Make sure you solder all connections and insulate with quality electric tape.   

Bypass module?

Soldering is fun!
rascal737 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

kreg357.... thanks again for the confirmation

yes all connections soldered and taped up

bypass module is an expresskit pkall, it's installed and programmed with no issues, i think (got the 10 flashes on the module and led did not come back on)......should be good to go.

I just have to wire up the starter 2 relay, program the unit for automatic (default is manual transmission) then test.

rascal737 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
Kreg357, thank you very much!!!
I got the relay hooked up, tested the system and it WORKS!!!
It's only a rough routing right now, so only thing outstanding is to do the final routing of the remote start wiring, soldering a few wires and putting the trim panels back.
Again THANK YOU!!
afridihamid 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
My R/S main harness has two 12volt constant wires fused at 30amps each. Do you recommend fusing them down (perhaps to 15A or 20A each) since the 12v constant in the truck's ignition harness is rated at 30amps? (Maybe Kreg can chime in on this subject, lol).
Also if your recall, how hard was routing the wire through the firewall for the hood switch? And which area did you install the hood switch?
Thanks for the write up!
joeschmuck 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
I'm on a mission to install my third remote starter but this time on my truck and I'm purchasing one that is a bit better quality than my previous ones.
I have a 2010 Tacoma (there is a dot on the key indicating the imobilizer is built in) that I am looking at installing the Python 513 or possibly the Python 524. The latter has bi-directional communications so I'd know for sure the vehicle is running or not yet the first one is small and simplistic.
My objectives are:
1) Find out how to wire up the A/C or Heater to automatically turn on to their proper setting when the car is started. How many times have you run your car in the cold just to find out you left your cabin temp either off or not in the hot position? I have so I'd like to make this automatic.
2) Ensure I only have one key fob with my truck keys.
3) Get a wiring diagram for installing both devices so I can plan the installation on paper before purchasing.
4) Purchase the Python kit and Bypass kit (if required).
So my questions to the forum group are:
1) Where can I locate installation instructions for these two Python devices? I was unable to locate anything from Python themselves other than user guides.
2) Both units enable the defroster below 55 F. I would use this as the trigger for determining if I should Heat the inside of the truck, or when it's over 55 F then I'd Cool the inside of the truck. And to be honest, I wouldn't start the truck from 50F to 78F. This means I'd have to come up with some circuit that when the remote starter was used, it would engage the cab fan to High, if defroster is on then I'd have to establish heat and widow defrost. If no defrost I'd have to establish Max A/C and Dash Vents. This doesn't sound too difficult for me but I'd have to use either Solid State Relays and try to locate a wiring harness to plug into the control panel as I'm certain it's not only a few simple relays. If someone could point me to a wiring diagram for the A/C and Heat control panel that would also be appreciated.
I don't feel this is too ambitious of a project but the A/C and Heat are important and if I can use a wiring harness so I can build a simple plug-in device, that is what I want to do.
I will take photos and post my results including the schematics once I'm done.
Thanks,
Joe
EDIT: I have located the installation manuals. Go figure the proper Google search would show them. I also grabbed the Xpress Kit PKTX instructions.
cruzs2013sr5 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone. I just signed up to this forum. WOW! Lots of information. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this thread, (wiring) how-to was at all similar to the 2013 Tacoma. I was just wondering if it was different. I was thinking of buying the Pyton 574 with remote start for my truck. Thanks.
Cruzer
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic