Posted: November 11, 2013 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
BTW.. Thanks for the info Joeschmuck
joeschmuck 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2013 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
tarline wrote:
BTW.. Thanks for the info Joeschmuck
I hope it helped. Those diagrams are not very good, as you are aware of. If you are still looking for answers, if you can post a link to the location of the installation manual, assuming it's available online, that would help.
tarline 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2013 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
www.samitoelectronics.com/royalguard/HT-800E.pdf
Thanks for all the help
joeschmuck 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2013 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  
tarline wrote:
www.samitoelectronics.com/royalguard/HT-800E.pdf
Thanks for all the help
So it looks like you would connect the PKALL Blue/White (-) While Running line to the BLUE wire coming out of the 800 Control module (bottom wire on page 22).
I'm not sure what to do about the engine run wire. You could try to connect it to the tach line and see if it works. Basically it is saying the line must be 0 VDC before the car is running and then +12 VDC when it is running. If you run into a hardship with this line, you could just try to tie it to +12 VDC to see if that works. I'm sure this line is to keep the remote starter from attempting to start the car when it's already running. You could test out the Tach pin with a volt meter to see what it reads while the truck is Ignition Switch On, and Engine Running. See if it does qualify.
tarline 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the help,
I will get to work on this on Saturday morning
Tom
joeschmuck 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2013 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
If you're not use to being in confined spaces like under the dash, just take your time. It took me several days to install my system but I took my time, figured out where the modules would fit once I closed up the console and dressed up the wiring where it looked nice a neat. IF you haven't done it before, it's actually a challenge. You may think there is a lot of room under the dash but start to factor in parts that move and how hard it is to reach some of the empty locations, yea, a few days is not unreasonable. My first day was locating a spot for everything, hooking in the PKALL, and then making almost all the remote starter connections. The second day I routed the hook pin switch, door lock/unlock wires and horn. Then I programmed the modules and tested it. Lastly I corrected me errors for the door lock/unlock signal.
If you can write down on a piece of paper a listing of all the wires you need to connect and where they all go, then you have the hardest part done.
Good Luck!
tarline 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
One more question.... Remote is half wired with no power on. When I unplugged the lower panel with the mirror, RSC, etc. when I plugged them back in I have a constant "Trac Off" and "check engine" lights on that won't clear. Consequently the Trans won't shift correctly and slows to a crawl on an uphill grade. I suspect something in the ignition connection for ck engine, but reconnecting the kick panel switches won't clear the TracOff signal that I'm pretty sure is tricking the transmission..
Any thoughts?   Thanks
joeschmuck 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
tarline wrote:
One more question.... Remote is half wired with no power on. When I unplugged the lower panel with the mirror, RSC, etc. when I plugged them back in I have a constant "Trac Off" and "check engine" lights on that won't clear. Consequently the Trans won't shift correctly and slows to a crawl on an uphill grade. I suspect something in the ignition connection for ck engine, but reconnecting the kick panel switches won't clear the TracOff signal that I'm pretty sure is tricking the transmission..
Any thoughts?   Thanks
Did you disconnect any other electrical connection on the fuse block? I know I had to so I could move the fuse block around. Also do you have an OBD2 scanner? You may be able to use it to reset any alarm condition that no longer actually exists.
Also are you sure you connected the remote starter wires properly? How did you connect the wires, tell us exactly how it was done.
And did you write out on paper which connection go to which wires before you started? You might want to state what you did if you expect to get educated answers.
tacoma13 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone help my confusion and ignorance.I have 2013 tacoma 4 doors w/viper 5704 & pkall would I need to use diodes like this setup?I've seen other setups that didnt mention anything about diodes so Im lost?
vp74
joeschmuck 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2014 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  
tacoma13 wrote:
Can someone help my confusion and ignorance.I have 2013 tacoma 4 doors w/viper 5704 & pkall would I need to use diodes like this setup?I've seen other setups that didnt mention anything about diodes so Im lost?
You are not being very specific, diodes where? If you use a relay then there must be a diode across the coil, in the proper direction. Some coils have a built in diode, some do not. That is the only place I installed any diodes for my installation.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic