Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Talent421 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2013 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
Kreg357:
I have 1 2012 Patriot that I'm trying to install an
Ultrastart U1280-xr pro with the ADS-ALSL-CH iDatalink Dodge Chrysler Integration Bypass and the iDatalink ADS-HRN-CH5 T Harness Interface Module. Using D2D mode, The Jeep will not start, in fact, it gives no indication that it is even trying to start. I can lock and unlock the doors with the remote start remotes, but when I try to start the car with the remote, I get nothing. You mentioned in this article that used w2w mode and only hooked up 7 wires. While in D2D mode, how many wires should I connect and of course which ones? I have a feeling I'm simply missing a wire connection or two to get this thing to work, but after 2 hours messing with it, I had to call my friend to come and get his car because I couldn't get it to function correctly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott
Talent421
danieljames 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
My system wouldn't start with the neutral safety wire connected to the dball interface I had to ground it and have the neutral safety switch from the alarm in the on position. Also the hood pin switch on the viper was 12v+ at when hood was shut not sure if this help let me know I'll see what else I can think of
DJDoo
danieljames 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Another quick thought did you set the tach or virtual tach
DJDoo
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

Lets start off slowly.

Check the White sticker on the side of the bypass module for the install guide #.   Post that so we can be on the same page.

Soldering is fun!
Talent421 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
Okay,
on the side of the bypass module the sticker reads as follows:
6FOC55D578
AL64K1.24
2013-03-21
Main question here is while in D2D I only had 12v+ and ground connected on the remote start. Do I need any other wires hooked up?
I also should say that the L.E.D. on the remote start was continually flashing It would not let me enter programming mode so I believe I was in Tach lockout.
Talent421
Talent421 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention I did have the data cable connected to the R.S. also.
Scott
Talent421
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  

I don't usually use the Solo series modules.  The ADS ALSL CH is a Solo series that can handle most Chrysler products

but I'm not sure if you have to do some type of Platform selection first, prior to making the Installation Mode selection
and then doing the actual vehicle programming.  I was hoping that there would be some sort of install guide number
listed that would detail this process.  Check for a sticker on the box the module came in.

If you are going D2D, I'm not sure if the Tach signal will work going through the D2D harness.  I spoke with Ultra start

Tech Support recently and was told One-Way D2D works but Two-Way D2D was not ready yet.  You might have to hard-wire
the Tach signal.  Additionally, the Ultra Start will look for a Tach signal the first time the engine is started after install and the
fuses are put back in.  If it doesn't see a valid Tach signal, it should switch over to Tachless mode.  I believe Tach Mode is the
preferred set-up for your Jeep.  The Catch-22 here is the bypass module has to be programmed to the vehicle first so it can
output a Tach signal.  Then the vehicle is started with the key and the U1280 learns the Tach signal, then you should be able
to do a successful remote start.  The only way to change an U1280 from Tachless Mode back to Tach Mode is by a Factory
Reset process.  This will reset all the programming changes made from the defaults, with the exception of the Selectable
Ignition Output ( thick White wire on the 6 Pin harness ).

Soldering is fun!
Talent421 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
Kreg357,
Here is the guide I used. I tried searching Idatalinks site with the #'S
I posted above and found nothing.
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-CH5/ADS-ALSL-CH5-EN_20130114.pdf
This is for the CAN equipped car. I noticed there was a
"tipstart" model offered, but it didn't reference the 12 Patriot. Is it possible that I have the wrong module?
The more I think about this, the more I realize that I should have connected the ignition wire to the R.S. Possibly need to hardwire the tach signal to an injector which would get me out of "Tach lockout" also.
Scott
Talent421
kreg357 
Posted: December 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

First check the ADS ALSL CH box for that white sticker with an Install Guide #.  That will help me a bit.

I agree that following the ADS AL(DL) CH5 is the correct final guide to follow.  As I mentioned, I don't use the HRN CH5

harness in my installs.  I prefer to hard-wire everything.  It works better for me and saves some money.  According to
the install guide, there are loose wires at Connector F that get connected to certain wires from the U1280.  The CH5
harness WHITE/ Red goes to the U1280's thick Blue.  Both U1280 thick Red wires go to the RED / White wire.  The U1280
Pink Brake wire goes to the Orange wire.  And Black to Black for chassis ground.

Did you at any point set the bypass modules Installation Mode to Data Mode ( 1 blink ) and lock it in?

Did the vehicle programming section go exactly as listed in the install guide? Type 3 and 8 are the same.

Think I would plug in the bypass module's ten pin harness and connect the PURPLE / White Tach output wire to the U1280's
Blue/White Tach Input wire.  Next perform the U1280 System Reset procedure listed on Page 7.  Next just start the Jeep
with the key and watch for the two Parking Light flashes for Tach Learn confirmation.  This will happen 30 seconds after
the Jeep is started without a signal on the thick Yellow Starter wire.  Then try a remote start.

Soldering is fun!
Talent421 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
The only white sticker on the bypass module doesn't show anything that mentions install guide.
I did program the module to the Jeep and it went as planned and yes I locked in the D2D with acceptance. That part went amazingly well.
I'm going to try to get the car back this week and find the error of my ways. ( I'm kinda OCD like that) The wiring differences very well could be the problem. I will post a follow up when I get it right. One way or another I will win this fight.
Thank you for your help so far.
Talent421
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic