the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002-2007 Trailblazer Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I used the 24 pin H2 harness from a 4704.  Viper has been shuffling around the wires and connectors recently.  Usually the color and name remain constant.
Soldering is fun!
kazp3rr 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
no worries, I have the xk06 wired up...car cranks with both the bypass immobilizer and passlock II wired cut and in/out to the bypass module...but I can't seem to get it to program? Hold programming button, crank vehicle, led should flash x3...but no flash? already reset xk06 and tried again
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

First, did you use the XKLoader cable to flash the XK06 module with the correct PLXR firmware?  If not,

is there a sticker on the module with a check mark next to PLXR?  Just making sure the module is OK.

In the install guide I have, you should be using the Installation "D" diagram on Page 4.  There is no cutting of

any vehicle wires in that install mode.  It does show some extra connections for VATs and Passlock1 that aren't
required for your Passlock2 system.  The Starter & Ignition connections can be run to the Vipers' H3 wires
( that end up going to those vehicle wires ).

As I mentioned, I'm not a big DEI user and have never used an XK06 for Passlock2.  What are you planning for the

door locks?

Soldering is fun!
kazp3rr 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
...that's why fresh eyes are always good to have around when it comes to something you've been working on for hours on end...
xk06 preloaded with PGK7...gonna make a run to the audio install shop ((that quoted me $850 for the viper 5704/xk06/install)) 2002-2007 Trailblazer Remote Start Pictorial - Page 3 -- posted image. HEECCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK no lol hell ebay and a few burn marks from my cheapo soldering iron ::battle scars...one day a story to tell::
so hopefully, after flashing the bypass in the a.m. everything will be working *fingers crossed*
HUGE thanks to Kreg357, you sir are a lifesaver~
btw...what about the door locks? the xk06 handles the front doors and the liftgate through the OBDII wire, right?
::edit::
ok after looking over the install guide for the PLXR firmware, there's no connection to my OBDII wire...that doesn't seem right to me?
kreg357 
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  

As mentioned earlier, the XK06 w/PLXR firmware only handles the Passlock2 engine immobilizer system in your 2005 Trailblazer.  It is not the same module as the Fortin INT-SL+, nor does it have the same capabilities / functions.   The Trailblazer is easy to do with the correct bypass module, but without a full function bypass module, extremely difficult.  Stated more bluntly, the XK06 w/PLXR is not the best module to use on your Trailblazer when installing a remote start, keyless entry, alarm system like the viper 5704.  Hence my question about how you were planning to handle the door locks. 

Terminology note : A "bypass module" is capable of bypassing the vehicles ignition immobilizer system during a remote start.  A "full function bypass module" handles the immobilizer system and other functions.  "Other functions" vary by the bypass module and the vehicle.  They range from interfacing the door lock system, supplying Door Trigger, Trunk & Hood Status signals, controlling the Factory Alarm and Parking Lights, supplying signals like Tach, Brake and EBrake to even turning on the heated seats.  Each manufacturers full function bypass module is different.  Different in what it does, different in how it's wired, different in how it is flashed with firmware ( some come pre-loaded from the factory like the INT-SL+). 

For the 5704 install, you need to interface the vehicles power door lock system ( keyless entry ) and monitor the door trigger status system ( alarm ).  Here is a link to the XPressKit WEB site :   http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?src=vs1&p=null&year=2005&make=Chevrolet&model=TrailBlazer&ps=1&s=0&c=0   It lists the modules that they have available with the functions supported by each.  Once again, while I am not a big DEI user, there are full function modules available from DEI that appear to be similar ( in function ) to the Fortin INT-SL+ module used in the pictorial.  Note that the XK06 w/PLXR firmware is in the Transponder Override section, not the Combo section ( Combo is DEI's way of saying Full Function ).

While the $850 price might sound outrageous at first, remember that a quality install shop knows the vehicles, knows which systems and bypass modules are best suited for the vehicle, has the units in stock and can do the install in a few hours.  You get your vehicle back the same day with a working system and a lifetime warranty. 

Soldering is fun!
kazp3rr 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
I think I owe you an apology, Kreg357. I misread what you were saying about the bypass at first. Aftereffects of working a 13 hour shift and coming home trying to get this install done at midnight right afterwards.
I went to the local audio/video install shop and picked up the DBall xpresskit, ($$$ whoaa lol) and the arm/disarm is working...but the locks aren't? neither with my factory fob, or the door panel. any ideas?
it's connected via D2D and the ODBII wire
kreg357 
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

The DB-ALL can be pricey but it does a lot for you with this vehicle ( if it works ). 

OK.  DB-ALL flashed with GM1 firmware and going D2D.  The install diagram pretty much shows all the necessary connections.  Only one from the DB-ALL to the vehicle ( OBD2 )

and the D2D harness between the DB-ALL and the Viper.  From the Viper to the vehicle are the two Ignition wires, the two Accessory wires ( one of which would require an extra
relay ), the Starter wire, the Brake input, the Parking Light, the chassis ground connection and the four +12V constant power wires.  Not shown is the Neutral Safety wire and
switch. 

As for the locks not working, think I would try re-programming the module to the vehicle again.  Make sure it follows the guide and responds exactly as shown on Page 4 of the

install guide.

As a last resort, and yes it is a lot of wiring, you could switch over to the W2W install mode and make all the dashed blue wire connections.  Also remove the D2D harness as it is not needed in W2W mode.  Would look similar to the first photo in the pictorial.  ( D2D can be problematic while W2W always works. )

Soldering is fun!
kazp3rr 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, the past hour has been hectic...I'm at work trying to figure this out while cooking lmao...i go to my car to go to work, turn the key and nada...won't crank, no window action, no lock/unlock action etc etc...the DBall wasn't showing anything from the led, so I went back to the shop and they swapped it for me
I get off pretty late, so I'm gonna get nack at it then...any ideas?
10a fuse for "lock" was blown, but from ehats goin on, I'm assumimg there is a fuse blown somewhere causing my problems?
kreg357 
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

Properly connected in D2D mode, the Viper / DB-ALL system should have nothing to do with a lock fuse...

Wiring chart for Viper 5704 and DB-ALL w/GM1 ( in D2D mode ) to 2005 Trailblazer

H1/1 RED (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT               +12v CONSTANT

H1/2 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND          CHASSIS GROUND
H1/3 BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT     SIREN
H1/4 WHITE/ BROWN PARKING LIGHI ISOLATION WIRE             NOT USED
H1/5 WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT   *SET VIPER TO (-)        gray/black (-)  headlight switch or BCM, tan plug, pin E5
H1/6 ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT      NOT USED

H2/1 pink/white (-) 200mA ignition/flex relay control output         NOT USED

H2/2 BLACK/ white (-) neutral safety input       CHASSIS GROUND
H2/3 blue/white (-) 200mA 2ns status/rear defogger output       NOT USED   
H2/4 GREEN/ black (-) 200mA OEM alarm disarm output      NOT USED
H2/5 RED / white   (-) trunk release output                 NOT USED
H2/6 green       (-) door trigger input           NOT USED
H2/7 BLACK / YELLOW(-) 200mA dome supervision output                NOT USED
H2/8 BROWN / black (-) 200mA horn honk output     BLACK / YELLOW (-)  horn switch or BCM, tan plug, pin E12
H2/9 dark blue   (-) 200mA status output     NOT USED
H2/10 pink        (-) 200mA ignition 1 output            NOT USED
H2/11 WHITE/ black (-) 200mA aux 3 output             NOT USED
H2/12 violet      (+) door trigger input          NOT USED
H2/13 WHITE/ violet(-) 200mA aux 1 output              NOT USED
H2/14 violet/black(-) 200mA aux 2 output              NOT USED
H2/15 ORANGE / black(-) 200mA aux 4 output          NOT USED
H2/16 brown      (+) brake shutdown input             white (+)  brake switch
H2/17 grey       (-) hood pin switch              USE VIPER SUPPLIED HOOD PIN
H2/18 violet / YELLOW(-) 200mA starter output           NOT USED
H2/19 blue       (-) trunk pin/instant trigger input      NOT USED
H2/20 grey/black (-) diesel wait to start input         NOT USED
H2/21 WHITE/ blue (-) remote start/turbo timer activation       NOT USED
H2/22 orange     (200mA accessory output            TO EXTRA RELAY PIN 85  *SEE WIRING BELOW
H2/23 violet/white (tach input)          NOT USED
H2/24 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA oem alarm arm output        NOT USED

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT     PINK @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

H3/2 RED / WHITE (87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)       +12V CONSTANT
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT      ORANGE @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)  YELLOW @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *cut wire
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)      YELLOW @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *cut wire
H3/6 RED IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)        +12V CONSTANT
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT    *Default = IGN2        WHITE @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT                 NOT USED
H3/9 RED / BLACK ACC/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)           +12V CONSTANT
H3/10 NC No Connection

Door Lock, 3-pin connector      NOT USED

Viper D2D port harness to DB-ALL 4 Pin Data port

DB-ALL 14 Pin Plug Pin2 Violet / YELLOW to OBD2 Violet wire at Pin 2

EXTRA RELAY FOR BROWN ACC2 WIRE

Relay Pin 85 to Viper H2/22 Orange (-) 200mA Accessory Output wire.

Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V constant fused at 25 Amps
Relay Pin 30 to truck Brown ACC2 wire.
Relay Pin 87A not used - insulate

All connections should be verified with a Digital Multi Meter.

All connections should be soldered.
After all connections are made, install the Viper's fuses, then program the DB-ALL to the vehicle.
Test the locks.  Then start making the necessary programming changes to the Viper.  These will include :
Transmission Mode = Automatic
Engine Checking = Tach Mode
and any other features needed / desired
Finally do a Tach Learn and then try a remote start.

Soldering is fun!
kazp3rr 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I should have been more clear, neither my windows nor door locks will work from the door panels, my headlights/interior lights won't come on either. I've checked all the fuses, didn't see any that were blown...this project is making me look like I'm so very new to the electronics scene, but I swear this isn't my first rodeo...just been plagued with issues since the beginning.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic