icon

multiple 6.5s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chevyboy321 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

i have a chevy caprice, and i was wondering how to wire up 4 6.5s in each door which equals 16 6.5s. from head unit to speakers in door then to amp.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2012 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
That would sound like crap.  Why do you want to do that?
Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2012 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

I think if you had a chevy caprice you'd understand!

multiple 6.5s -- posted image.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:

I think if you had a chevy caprice you'd understand!

multiple 6.5s -- posted image.

That must be it.  :)

Support the12volt.com
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
chevyboy321 wrote:

i have a chevy caprice, and i was wondering how to wire up 4 6.5s in each door which equals 16 6.5s. from head unit to speakers in door then to amp.

I believe the correct answer here is DONT. First because it would sound like doodie to have that many drivers in the car second because your deck is gonna be 20W RMS x 4, so you would run each door in series than parallel so each speaker would get a whole 5 watts of power which would just not be sufficient, or smart. So back to my original answer, DONT!
Edit, I missed the part about the amp, so you would do the same wiring I said but to the amp. Lets say that your amp is 100W x 4 rms, so now your getting 25w to each speaker, still likely not enough unless the speakers are real pieces of doodie, which still brings me back to the start, DONT DO IT!
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
chevyboy321 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

whats the best route to go for the doors. i want to make it loud and clear. im putting 4 15's in the back seat. and my my door speakers.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
More drivers does not mean more sound, UNLESS you have the power AS WELL as the number of drivers.
Fewer, higher-quality drivers (NOT just higher-power handling drivers) will give you MUCH more "clarity" than a whole bunch of drivers with a few watts each.
I second Ravendarat's opinion: DON'T!
If all you have is deck power, it's going to sound like crap, no matter WHAT you do... You will never be able to keep up with desck power - you MUST add an amplifier to your highs. Without dedicated amplification, you're hosed.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
well with four 15's in the back seat you pretty much sacrifice all clarity and quality so just go with what you want. just keep in mind that more speakers doesnt mean louder because every speaker you add will take power away from the other speakers. instead of just saying that you want this many speakers you should try to find a balance with how much power you amp will give you at its lowest rated ohm load and then find speakers to match the amount of power you have at your disposal. if you cant give a speaker at least 40 watts continuously then i would look for a better arrangement.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic