the12volt.com spacer
icon

progressive unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1969c10 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 1969c10

Heres what I got. After market autolock 2 wire door lock actuators (green wire & Blue wire), NO door lock switches, and a avital 2101L keyless entry system. I got the system working great without progressive unlocking, and then added a relay to get the progressive unlocking working. I don't have it right, because now I have progressive unlocking and no locking on the passengers side. Please help.

Thanks

1969c10 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 1969c10
I think I may have figured out the problem. I think I was using a dual make spst relay and not a non dual make. Because every time I try to hook a ground up to 87a it blows a fuse. If I leave the ground off, it with do progressive unlocking, but no passenger locking. So I need the constant ground from 87a to 30 to have negative supplie for locking. Hopefully this is right and works. I'm going to go get a new relay and try it.
1969c10 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 1969c10
Fixed it. I put a single pole double throw relay in it and it works perfect. next time I grab a relay to test wire with, I will make sure it's the correct one. Would of saved alot of headaches.
eric arevalo 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2017 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eric arevalo
Hey what's up guys, I need your help please,
I want to do the same for my 1995 pickup with no power locks. I have the driver door working, installed the actuator and works great with the aftermarket actuators with reverse polarity. Now I want to add the progressive unlock to unlock the passenger door with the second unlock output(second channel output) I have found some instructions with relay diagrams but I'm not too sure, I wish i could attached a drawing of what I've done but I don't think I can. Anyways, How many relay do I need total? Do I need 3 relays, two for the driver and one for the passenger?
Here's what I've done so far
relay 1
86 & 87 = fused 12(+)
85 = alarm(-)lock output
87a = ground
30 = to actuator
RELAY 2
86 & 87 = fused 12(+)
85 = alarm(-)unlock output
87a = ground
30 = to actuator
And here's what I found online how to do the progressive unlock but it talks about the driver's door only and that's where I'm confused, how do I do the passenger door?
RELAY 1
86 & 87 = fused 12(+)
85 = alarm(-)lock output
87a = ground
30 = to actuator
RELAY 2
86 & 87 = fused 12(+)
85 =(-) second unlock output(second channel output)
87a = ground
30 = to 87a realy 3
RELAY 3
86 & 87 = fused 12(+)
87a = to 30 relay 2
30 = to actuator.
Please help. Thank you.
Thank you.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2017 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
eric arevalo wrote:
And here's what I found online how to do the progressive unlock but it talks about the driver's door only and that's where I'm confused, how do I do the passenger door?
I've added some notation as to WHAT wires on the actuators the relay(s) go to. Basically each actuator unlock wire has a relay, and both actuator's lock wires have a relay. All actuator wires rest at ground through the 87a.
This should be what you need:
RELAY 1
86 & 87 = fused 12(+)
85 = alarm(-)lock output
87a = ground
30 = to BOTH actuator wires that are (+) for LOCK.
RELAY 2
86 & 87 = fused 12(+)
85 =(-) second unlock output(second channel output)
87a = ground
30 = to PASSENGER actuator wire that is (+) for UNLOCK
RELAY 3
86 & 87 = fused 12(+)
87a = to ground
30 = to DRIVER actuator wire that is (+) to UNLOCK.
eric arevalo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2017 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eric arevalo
Thank you so much davep, I'll try this right now and let you know what happen
Thank you.
eric arevalo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eric arevalo
Davep, my friend thank you, you had the answer to my question. Job's done. Cheers
Thank you.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic