icon

2003 impala remote start issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dsjacr 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed a compustar 600s along with the Fortin INSTL+ in a 2003 Impala and I can't get it to start. The lights come on in the dash and all I hear is the starter click one time. The unit then attempts this two more times. I have gone through the program process atleast 10 times with the same result. I am holding the program button on the bypass module and installing the black 4 wire plug. The led lights upcome solid. I then release the button and plug in the white plug. I then hold the lock the button on the remote while turning the key to on. The less flashes and I then start the car. The led then goes off. I can not get the car to run with the white wire at the coil connected to the yellow and black wire on the 600S. It missesto very badclean and dies when startingI with the key duringto programming. I have the orange and
black wire from the INSTL+ connect to th yellow and black on the 600s though. All door lock and trunk release functions work fine. I do have the brake wire connected. All connections are soldered. I am thinking that the VATS is stopping the start process.and that is why it only clicks? Thanks
dsjacr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
The phone auto corrected one of my sentences. The one stating that the car misses very bad with the white tach wire connected at the coil while starting with the key during program mode. Hopefully not too confusing. :-)
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

I have found the INT-SL+ tach output iffy.  You should only have the the CM600-s Yellow/Black Tach input wire connected

to either the Impala's coil wire or the INT-SL+'s tach output ( not both ).  The CM600-s comes set for Tachless Mode.  Did you
change Option 2-04 to Setting 2 and then do the Tach Learn process?

Soldering is fun!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
The tachless mode on the CS600 sucks, which is why I won't use them.....but it's still a good troubleshooting tool. Keep the unit in tachless mode at least until you get the rest of the install figured out. I wouldn't leave it that way and put the car back together, no.....just use it temporarily to eliminate that as a possible source of trouble.
Also, does the module light up when you activate the remote starter? It should, I think. If it doesn't, maybe your ground-when-running isn't hooked up right.
Also, is the INTSL hardwired, or is it connected to the remote starter using the data cable that plugs in? If you're using the data cable, be aware that the CS600 only has one-way communication through data.
That is, whatever it puts out (lock, unlock, trunk, et cetera) goes through the data cable like you'd expect. However, the CS600 does not "take in" anything through data. That is, anything that the INTSL sends out (tach, brake, door status, et cetera) still has to be hardwired to the corresponding inputs on the CS600; the CS600 will not "listen" to these things through data. This is detailed somewhere in the installation manual for the CS600, but it's easy to miss.
dsjacr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
I will try all of your suggestions this morning. I have notthe changes option 2-04 to setting 2. The LED does light up when in start mode. Thanks for your help and I will update after while. The installation manual for the 600s sucks too. Lol
dsjacr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

I have tried wiring without the data link and obtained the exact same results.  It will go into start mode and the starter will click one time.  I have a good ground connection and I cannot figure out what is going wrong here.  The manual states that the parking lights will flash if it fails to start but that is not so in my installation.  I have listed below my current connections along with a pic of the wires connected to the ignition harness.  I do not have the green or white wire soldered yet due to uncertainty of their placement.

600S

Red- 12V Constant

GREEN / WHITE-NC

RED / White- Soldered in with 12V constant listed above

White-Pink at ignition harness

Blue-NC

Yellow- Yellow starter wire at ignition harness

Green-Green at ignition harness

Black- Grounded to body

Violet/white- Lt. Blue/Blk of the INSTL+

Blue-White on INSTL+

Blue/Blk- Lt. Blue on INSTL+

Black (-) Status Out-  Blue (Neg while running on INSTL+)

Yellow/Blk- ORANGE / Blk on INSTL+

4 wire harness to INSTL+ only has red connected to 12+ constant and the black wire is grounded.  The blue and white wires are not used.

Thanks

dsjacr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
2003 impala remote start issues -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  

Here are the ignition connections.  Acc2 is not shown/powered and would require an additional relay.

CM600-s           Impala
Red      Red     +12V
RED / White      Red     +12V
White Orange   ACC1
Blue   Green    IGN2
Yellow Yellow Starter
Green Pink     IGN1

Nice solder connections!  2003 impala remote start issues -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

Looks like you had the Impala's IGN1 powered from the CM600-s as an Accessory wire.

Here are some more connections you didn't mention:

CM600-s             INT-SL+
GREEN / WHITE      Pink/Black   Parking Lights (-)
Green  (Thick)   Pink              Ignition1 ( continues to Pink Ign1 wire at ignition harness )

2003 impala remote start issues -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
dsjacr 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
That fixed it! Thanks a million!!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic