the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Kia Optima R/S w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Next one I will look for that wire the one I had to do was canceled so hopefully soon
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2012 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
In the U.S. market LX from the pictorial, I looked but couldn't find that Gray Tach wire.   Pin 4 should be the fourth one up in the far left column.   ( Can't really see that area in the Brake / Horn picture.)   Figured it was only in the turbo or PTS models.  Please get a photo of it to add, Joe. 
I've done several of these for the KIA dealer and have only found tach in the DKP on PTS vehicles. Also, I primarily use crimestopper RS4-G3 and always use the fuel injectors for my tach signal with no problem but it all depends on the unit that you are using. The compustar units I use work perfect with the coil but the crimestopper doesn't for some reason.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2012 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
I did 2 2012 reg key optimas this morning both gdi and neither one had the gray tach wire
tknick 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone identify the (-) unlock wire in the SJB. I need a trigger wire for the remote start so I can use the factory fob. Picture would be awesome.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2012 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  

The (-) Unlock wire is the Yellow/White wire shown in the picture of the White 24 Pin Fuse Box connector.

However, the typical installation of a "Add-On" remote start system that uses the Factory remote for activation usually uses the Lock Motor wire ( not the Unlock Motor wire ). This Lock Motor wire can be found in the Black 39 Pin Plug, Gray wire at Pin 4, in the dash fuse box. It is a 5 wire type and should show a (+) pulse with a lock command.

One point of interest : Once the engine is started, by key or remote starter, the Factory FOB's will no longer function. You will have to open the doors with a key... Due to this, most installers will recommend a R/S w/Keyless Entry system for this vehicle.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2012 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
I guess you could use the Unlock Motor wire if you didn't mind having the car unlocked after the remote start-up. The Unlock Motor wire for the drivers door can be found in the Drivers Kick Panel, in a White 56 Pin plug. It is the Red wire at Pin 11. Same 5 wire type setup. Sorry, no picture available.
Soldering is fun!
tknick 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2012 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry my brain wasn't really working when I posted. What I meant was the (-) lock wire so I can use the lock wire as a trigger. I am new to the forum and I am still learning the terminology. What is important about the five wire setup? Can I not just hook the (-) lock wire you described to the (-) remote activation wire on my remote start? Or, is there something I'm missing?
tknick 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
I have hooked up a crimestopper rs-00 using a Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module in a 2012 Optima with Push to Start. The EVO-ALL does allow the factory FOB to keep working even after the remote start is active. There are two problems I am dealing with.
First: I can't get the lock motor wire to work as my trigger. I am using a relay wired per the instructions on this forum for reversing the (+) lock motor wire to be used as a (-) trigger wire. I cannot get the wire to trigger the remote start. If I touch the trigger on a ground, it will activate the remote start so I know the unit is working properly. The wire I am using is a gray wire from the plug on the rear of the SJB on the passenger side and the one in the picture. Is this the correct wire, and if so, any ideas why it isn't triggering the remote start?
2012 Kia Optima R/S w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 2 -- posted image.
Second: The EVO-ALL said it supports hood switch but the remote start doesn't shut down when I open the hood. Can anyone help me identify the location of the connector and the wire color for the (-) hood wire so I can direct wire the hood shutdown?
Thanks
chev104275 
Posted: July 09, 2012 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
As far as the hood pin its in the front of the fuse box green kreg has a picture of it in his original post   
I've never used the lock motor wire but all my info says gray black 39 pin plug pin 4   did you test the wire you connected to ?
tknick 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2012 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
Is the hood pin in the driver side or passenger side plug in the front of the sjb?
I thought the picture I posted was the black 39 pin connector but the wire is only gray. No black stripe. Am I looking in the wrong plug? I tested it and the gray wire has positive that drops on the lock command but doesn't go to zero volts. This is the passenger side connector on the back of the sjb. Am I even in the right connector?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic