the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Kia Optima R/S w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2012 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Front of the sjb more towards the right side   
If you can't find the lock wire at the sjb its definitly in the drivers door but I'm willing to bet its at the sjb just need to test to make sure your on the correct wire before you connect.
The way that wire tested it doesn't sounds like its the correct wire. It should be rest at 0 and go to 12 when lock is used.   Maybe try the door harness ?   I can check the next optima I do but it could be a bit I have non planned as of right now
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
tknick 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
So I got everything hooked up today thanks to everyone's help. The lock motor wire in the 2012 push to start is in the front of the SJB. It is in the left hand plug in the #4 position as described by kreg. The only unusual thing is that there are two gray wires in the same #4 position.
A little FYI for others wanting to use the factory key FOB instead of a second FOB. I used a Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module with a wire to wire connection to a crimestopper RS-00 remote start. The EVO-ALL module allows the factory FOB to keep working after the remote start. The FOB continues to perform all the same functions (lock, unlock, trunk pop, panic) while the remote start is active. The FOB ceases to function after takeover from the remote start.
The Fortin Guide listed everything needed to do the install with pictures except the trigger wire which everyone here helped me locate.
There is a 10mm bolt that secures the top of the SJB to the frame of the car. It is a great location to mount the relay used to change the polarity of the (+)lock motor wire to (-) for the trigger required. It can also be used to ground the relay and as a ground for the remote start.
Thanks again to everyone for their help!2012 Kia Optima R/S w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 3 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  

Good info.  Thanks for the update! 

U.S. models without PTS ( standard key ignition ) don't require a bypass module.  The Fortin bypass for your car is a good choice.

Soldering is fun!
p120 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

Hi I'm new to the forum...I just got a Clifford G5 Anti-High Jacking unit and requires a pulsing (-) for the RPM.. Also my car has PTS and the G5 needs an ignition wire to cut and a wire for the starter to also cut to perform as the immobilizer

2012 Kia Optima R/S w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 3 -- posted image.

Faithfull Servant Dangerous Master
aceisaneight 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2014 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install an avital 4003 with evo-all on my 2012 Optima LX. I get them all wired up and when I connect the power harness to the avital the car always starts up automatically. I've checked the wiring multiple times and am at a loss. Any ideas?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
If you move your question over to the install forum you might get more answers. Can you list or your connections also was this a refurbished unit or brand new ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 12, 2015 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
NICE Intall & write up info..........
.pdf for future
THANK YOU
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic