spy 5000 triumph

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enoxos 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Fred,
I had to use at least two relays so far and I am making a momentary switch for the bike to shut down while in remote start in case someone tries to steal it and this will take at least another 3 relays).
For the first two relays:
one was used to enable the blue wire from the remote to complete the starting circuit and be energized. The blue wire CAN NOT directly be attached to the starter, you will melt the wire. The starter requires lots of current and thus you use a relay to enable the starter's own circuit to operate it. This relay is almost a guaranteed that you will need.
The second relay was used to enable another circuit that needs to be powered during staring, i.e the safety circuit with the neutral switch, clutch switch and kick-stand. The use of this relay depends on your bike.Many people state that the R/S cranks, but the bike never starts. if you get to this points, you most likely have this issue and you will need that extra relay.
Renee
droulfred10 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2012 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Renee,

Just had a look on your other post. I got some idea but this circuit needs to be energized (if I have well understood, you don't want to do it this way) ....

Regarding the extras relays for the remote start, I'am not sure it is necessary in my case because I plan to connect the blue wire on a relay (already present on my bike). This relay is connected to the bike's starter.

For the other one, I'll check when installing the alarm.

Regards,

Fred

jagadeesh 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
I did not add a relay, but so far there is no trouble remote starting. The blue wire is connected to solenoid switch of the starter, so there is no need of relay. solenoid acts as a relay taking high current for the starter. When you press unlock button on the key fob my bike goes off. I am happy about my do it yourself installation. I used xenos which is widely available in India, sad thing is it does not have proximity sensor.
sahanas 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2013 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
Nice sharing.Interesting.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic