icon

spy remote starter modification

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enoxos 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Spy 5000 alarm and remote start on a Yamaha 950 star and that thing is amazing!
Everything works well, but it took sometime to make a good installation and make the remote start and immobilizer to work.
Now the bike can be remotely started and stopped at will.
I have a question for anyone that feels up to the challenge:
After the remote start and while the bike engine is running (the alarms controls the energizing of the circuits via a brown cable that sends +12 volts to the necessary circuits and with couple extra 5-pin relays that I installed).
So, after the bike has been started with the remote start, I want to create a shut down circuit if case somebody wants to get on the bike a drive away (nothing can prevent this unless i shut down the bike via remote or the bike shuts down automatically after 10 minutes-which would be too late).
I am thinking to tap into the clutch switch, a NO (Normally Open switch) and with a relay or two to shut down the bike by interrupting the ignition circuit. No problems there, I can do this easily. However, this circuit needs to work ONLY during the remote start operation and note during normal bike operation, since every time I would pull the switch to change gears, the bike would shut down.
SO how to isolate this circuit so it is energized during the remote start circuit time only
Any ideas?
thanks
Renee
enoxos 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
sorry, I should also mention that the brown wire that the alarm supplies 12Volts to the ignition circuit also receives 12 Volts when the bike is in normal operation (i guess this is a signal to the alarm that the bike is started and the alarm can not be engaged).
thanks
Renee
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
You can interupt Ignition... but if it ever fails at high speed while your driving, could pose a problem. These Ignition kills kinda gained some traction but the other side of them just wasn't worth it. What about a pressure switch in the seat. If you sit on it while R/S'ed, it shuts down. Im not familiar with your unit, but most R/S have a wire you can pulse to activate or shut-down the R/S. I havent put much thought into this, the pressure switch was just a first-thought. Good Luck!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
enoxos 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
thanks tommy, the problem with the pressure switch or any other electrical or mechanical control circuits is that they need to be energized ONLY in remote start operation.
I am thinking about a latching relay, still in the drawing board.
As far as the ignition interrupt (immobilizer), the alarm has its own and it is currently connected. If the ignition is interrupted while riding, the problem is minimum, as the bike will come to a stop slowly assuming, especially when the rider pulls the clutch. no worries there.
thanks
Renee
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
I assume it has a shut down wire like a brake wire for every remote start. You could do the Perrier switch or a digital tilt switch so as some one gets on it and straighten it up it would kill the engine. Or even some thing similar on the kick stand. Maybe a magnetic reed switch.
Brad Marvin
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
You should be able to achieve an output that is active only during R/S. GWR(-)......Switch...Relay(+)...Brake or + shut-down(+). Something like that... Auto's reed switch or kick-stand sounds good,too.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
enoxos 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
thanks auto enhancers and tommy.
Please keep in mind this is a motorcycle remotes start alarm with basic features. A dedicated shut down wire does not exist, like the viper remote start alarms have.
Here is where I am so far:
I have tapped into the pulse +12 volts output for the remote start. There, I created a Latched On/Off Output Using Two Momentary Positive Pulses - Positive Output as in
here from the relay diagrams.
I use the remote start wire to turn on and the clutch wire to turn off. So I get a +12 volts output controlled by that switch. The issue now where to implement this switch? I have been busy with school and I did not have time to figure out how to use this momentary switch with the R/S.
I am thinking to ground the the CDI, with another relay (the 5th used in this alarm setup, lol) and thus kill the bike.If you have any better ideas, please let me know.
By the way what is a Perrier switch?
thanks
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2012 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
Have you seen this Post/Thread?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Installing-a-SPY-5000-two-way-motorcycle-alarm-int/step5/Problems-Modification-2/
M.E.C.P & First-Class
enoxos 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2012 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
I have seen this before however, his problem was that he needed to ground the CDI and not to create a separate shut down circuit.
See what I am trying to do is to make like a shut input to the alarm like the more expensive remote starts have, like the vipers where if you press on the brake pedal, it shuts down the remote start.
jagadeesh 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2012 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
You can take one pulse feed from remote and it can be used for disconnecting cdi unit-negative essentially a ground wire through relay hope this helps.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic