the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

suzuki flash to pass garage door opener.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
treefrog1985 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2012 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  

I had this set up on my 08 Gsxr 600

the flash to pass is only a momentary switch, meaning it only completes the circuit it is connected to while being applied.Take apart the garage door opener and find the circuit the button completes, the battery will be inline with this circuit. Connect the flash to pass switch parallel to the existing switch with a two wires. A small hole will be needed in the opener casing to provide room for the wires.  I also installed a quick disconnect on the wire so I didn't have to leave the opener connected. BE AWARE the flash to pass circuit is hot so either seal the wires you have disconnected or follow them back to their source and remove them if they are no longer neccessary to you. When you are down you will have a garage opener connected to your flash to pass trigger that can disconnect and still be used without the bike. The idea behind this circuit is safety, fumbling with your jacket pocket while entering your driveway one handed is stupid, utilize your controls and keep your hands on the bars lol sorry no pics ....next time

Stop using crimpies, yes it is simple but they do belong on wiring. An experienced solder job ensures the perfect connection.
sahanas 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2013 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
Nice post.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic