icon

remote start not working on viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drmix 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2012 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
I just got done finishing up my install of my 5704 on my 96 Integra. I have the remote start harness connected the same way as below but for some reason it never starts. When I attempt to do the remote start the relay in the brain clicks 7 times but doesnt start. I have tried doing the shutdown procedure as listed in the manual but when I try to do it it seems like the car doesnt know that it is running. I have the neutral safety input grounded, the neutral safety switch that came with the alarm is turned on, the blue wire from the tach is connected to the violet purple on H2/23, programmed the tach input to be tach. Is there something that I am missing?
1-Pink = Ignition 1 Input/Output
2-RED / White = (+) (30A) Fused Ignition 2 / Flex Relay Input #87
3-Orange = Accessory Output
4-Violet = Starter Output
5-Red = (+) (30A) Fused Ignition 1 Relay Input
NOT NEEDED) 6-Pink/White = (+) Ignition 2 Flex Relay Output
NOT NEEDED) 7-Pink/Black = 87a Of Ignition 2 Flex Relay
8-Red Black = (+) (30A) Fused Accessory/Starter Relay
A) White -Constant 12v
B) BLACK/ White- Starter
C) BLACK / YELLOW- Ignition
NOT NEEDED) WHITE/ Black- Ignition 2
D) Yellow- Accessory
1 -----> C
2, 5, 8 ------> A
3 -----> D
4 -----> B
drmix 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
And I did do the learning the tach setup. Not sure what else it could be. I havent plugged in any of my sensors yet so those arent stopping it. I have the hood and doors closed when trying to start it.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Have you gone into the menu to change it from manual to automatic?  Assuming your car is automatic.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
drmix 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Oh I forgot to add its a manual. It comes defaulted as a manual but I went in there anyways and made sure it was a manual. Just doesnt make any sense. I dont need the (H2/10 - 200mA Ignition 1 output) or the (H2/21 Remote start/turbo timer activation input) do I? Im gasping at straws here. remote start not working on viper 5704 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

If it is a manual transmission, you must bypass the clutch pedal interlock switch.  However that is not the current problem causing the failed remote start and 7 flashes.  You must successfully get into reservation mode.  That requires the door triggers and the EBrake to be connected properly and working.

Here is more info from Viper :

MTS - Manual Transmission Start diagnostics

When enabling MTS, if you get a failure notification from the remote or the vehicle fails to remain
started check for following:
1. Tachometer not connected or programmed.
2. E-brake not connected to the remote start unit. The BLACK/ white H2/18 neutral safety wire must
have a ground when the parking brake is set.
3. Foot must be off the brake when activating the MTS mode on the remote.
4. Is the door open when enabling the MTS mode? If so this would cause the unit to enter Pit Stop
Mode and the remote start will continue to run when arming/locking the system.
5. Is the door input connected? The system needs to see a door open then close after initiating
the remote start.
6. Does the vehicle have a delayed dome light? If you are connected to the dome light wire and the
dome light is staying on after arming/locking the system, the system can exit the MTS mode.
7. Make sure the neutral safety switch is plugged in and turned on.

Soldering is fun!
drmix 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
MTS - Manual Transmission Start diagnostics
When enabling MTS, if you get a failure notification from the remote or the vehicle fails to remain
started check for following:
1. Tachometer not connected or programmed. Connected and programmed
2. E-brake not connected to the remote start unit. The BLACK/ white H2/18 neutral safety wire must
have a ground when the parking brake is set. Doesnt have a neutral safety wire is grounded
3. Foot must be off the brake when activating the MTS mode on the remote. Yeah
4. Is the door open when enabling the MTS mode? If so this would cause the unit to enter Pit Stop
Mode and the remote start will continue to run when arming/locking the system. Yeah
5. Is the door input connected? The system needs to see a door open then close after initiating
the remote start. Yeah door input is connected and functions correctly when armed
6. Does the vehicle have a delayed dome light? If you are connected to the dome light wire and the
dome light is staying on after arming/locking the system, the system can exit the MTS mode. Not being used
7. Make sure the neutral safety switch is plugged in and turned on. Grounded
I will look more into bypassing the clutch pedal interlock switch
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2012 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

Are you getting into Reservation Mode successfully? 

7 Blinks = Timer mode/Turbo mode/Manual mode error *
* Manual mode error: MTS mode not enabled.

Here are the steps from Viper :

Manual transmission remote start

If the vehicle has manual transmission the proper steps must be followed before
leaving the parked vehicle or the remote start feature is disabled.
1.  Make sure the doors on the vehicle are closed.
2.  Put the transmission in neutral.
3.  Press on the brake in the vehicle.
4.  Apply the emergency brake.
5.  Release the brake.
6.  Within 15 seconds activate the remote start from the remote.
7.  The parking lights will flash confirming that the remote start is active.
8.  Turn off the ignition (the car should stay running when key is turned off).
9.  Exit the vehicle.
10. Arm the alarm (the vehicle should shut off when arming the system).

You can now remote start the vehicle. If a door is opened or if the alarm is triggered

before the next remote start activation the system will not remote start.

Soldering is fun!
drmix 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I was able to get the car started using the remote with the clutch manually pressed. I guess the next step is to bypass that and then also wire up the ebrake cable. After that I think it will be good. Thanks for the reply
drmix 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Anybody have a diagram on bypassing the switch but keep my cruise control working? I think I read something about using one of the ground wires from the alarm and running that to the switch?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
Cruise control not affected, you're not removing the switch, simply by-passing it during the R/S.
Use either a 4 or 5 pin relay and a 1N4004 diode, fuse the relay at 2 amps.
clutch_switch.bmp
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic