the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Nissan Pathfinder, Fiberglass Projects

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2013 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
looks good so far man, if i were you i would maybe add an accent piece towards the right side of the panel just so its not so flat and featureless. give the front a body line so-to-speak, it will give it a beveled edge effect just like the rest of the panels in your pathfinder.
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2013 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  

SNS I was thinking the same thing! But it looks to me like he is planning on stretching some fabric over the whole thing based on the raised speaker ring. Am I right Krush?

Dodge Magnum in progress:
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
krush 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
I plan to put a raised template shown in black and then FG it Then put a 1/2 boarder around it. This way I can cover the whole thing with vinyl and the boarder pieces with carbon fiber vinyl and the speaker cover in black paint to match the car.... sorry i know its had to understand it from what I've write. But, in simple, there is no way
I'm leaving the panel flat. Ive seen and learned way to much from this site to do that.
2007 Nissan Pathfinder, Fiberglass Projects - Page 8 -- posted image.
The best tool in my work shop, is my BRAIN!!!!
krush 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
Stated out on the templates for the doors. I made both of them out of 1/4" MDF. Used a 1/4" rabbit bit to make the inner template, next will be to bondo it to make a 1/4" trim peace. Then onto the trim plate for the flat end.
I wont be using the ring, just put there to give me a idea of the set up.
The best tool in my work shop, is my BRAIN!!!!
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2013 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
its definitely coming together nicely. carbon fiber vinyl? please tell me you arent planning to use the stick on vinyl that looks like a checkerboard? or do you mean fabric vinyl? either way, check out the 3m carbon fiber stick on vinyl, its about as real looking as it gets. its stick on vinyl so it will take a little bit of practice to apply to your curved surfaces.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 03, 2014 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
any updates man?
Page of 8

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic