the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 574 and 507m tilt sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
anregs 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2012 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote anregs
Hi all!
Looks like joke, but DEI 507m Digital Tilt Sensor have 3 pin conenctor, but main alarm module of Python 574 have two sensor connectors with 4 (four) pins! When 574's manual shows 3 pin Sensor 1 connector. But actually they are both 4 pins. And there is no room to errors - we have double checked with professional installer!
I've called to DEI and they said that Sensor 1 socket is 3 pin (like is in manual). But is DOES NOT. Alarm is brand new and came from dealer. And no way to plug 3 pin connector to 4 pin socket due the connectos incompatibililty. Looks like tilt sensor should have same connector like is shock sensor.
Here is 507's manual
wth?
I don't like to cut and twist wires, solder & etc.
anregs 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2012 at 3:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote anregs
Guys,
Here is DEI 507M sensor like exactly like mine:
python 574 and 507m tilt sensor -- posted image.
Here is screenshot from installation manual and my notes:
python 574 and 507m tilt sensor -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2012 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
join the orange to the blue.
anregs 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2012 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote anregs
Problem is not in wiring. Problem is in connectors incompatibility out-of-box. I can't use supplied 507M's connector in any wiring. I need new connector or remove connector at all and attach wires directly to brain pins.
And one more DEI's support fail. 'Sensor 1' is dedicated to shock sensor, not tilt sensor. Otherwise tilt sensor plugged to 'Sensor 1' port will have wrong alpha tag on remote with LCD.
anregs 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2012 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote anregs
What's pinout of Sensor 1 or Sensor 2 connectors?
anregs 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote anregs
Bump!
stanward 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2015 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stanward
I am curious about this too, as I want to add this sensor to my 5706V.
The 5706V also utilizes 4-pin sensor connections, not 3-pin.
Do they sell just the 4-pin connectors????
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2015 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No some models have a direct plug in your one has blue to blue on H2, diode block if using red and orange to red and orange at H1. If triggered it will show up as instant trigger.
stanward 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2015 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stanward
Local stereo shop told me the 507M can interface with my 5706V without any modifications. The 507M has a 4-pin plug to go into my Sensor 2 port.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2015 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Took a photo but it didn't work, I'll email it to you now.
THREE PIN PLUG!!!
Unless they've changed it without telling us!
No just checked the owners guide, tells you how good the local shop must be
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic