icon

viper 5101 on 01 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ryan12 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
I have recently purchased a viper 5101 remote start for my 2001 chevy silverado. I have the module installed with an xpresskit DBall bypass and cannot get the remote start to do anything. the DBall seems to be working fine when i hit the remote start button the led light lights up how its supposed to with no error. the 5101 module, when i hit the remote start button, will click the relays inside but the accessory will only come on for a second then shut off. The door locks work great just cant figure out why the remote start function wont work. I followed the instructions and checked the wiring the only harnesses that I am questioning is the Heavy gauge remote start,(H3) 8-pin connector and the Remote start auxillary output, 5-pin connector. I just left the 5-pin connector unused because based on information in the manual I felt it was unneeded. I have the 8-pin heavy gauge connector hooked up as followed:
H3/1-pink Ignition 1 Input/Output = Pink ignition @ ignition harness
H3/2-RED / white (+) fused (30A) Ignition 2/ flex relay input 87 = RED / white 12V const. @ ignition harness
H3/3-orange Accessory output = orange accessory @ ignition harness
H3/4-violet Starter output = yellow starter @ ignition harness
H3/5-red (+) fused (30A) ignition 1 input = RED / white 12V const. @ ignition harness
H3/6-pink/white Ignition 2/ flex relay output 30 = white second ignition @ ignition harness
H3/7-pink/black flex relay input 87A key side (if required) of flex relay = not used
H3/8-RED / black (+) fused (30A) Accessory/Starter input = pink ignition 1 12 volt during ignition and crank @ ignition harness
I don't know if i have these connections hooked up wrong or not so if anyone has done this install on their truck and could tell me how its set up, or if someone knows where they go,or even if someone knows where i could get a vehicle specific viper 5101 to silverado wiring diagram, anything would be greatly appreciated
Thanks.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  

It looks like you have H3/8 wired incorrectly.  It should go to a +12V constant source.  There should be two +12V constant wires in the ignition switch harness, one RED / White and the other solid Red.  Here is a picture from a 2002 Silverado and the ignition wires coming down from the switch.

viper 5101 on 01 silverado -- posted image.

And while not wanting to start any controversy, there is a Brown Accessory2 wire that might need to be powered...

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
What is your H3/8 connected to??  It should also be connected to a constant 12 volt source.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  

Kreg, you are a bit faster than me this am.   LOL

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  
Gotta get up real early to beat Howard...   viper 5101 on 01 silverado -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
ryan12 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
ok so I have hooked up the H3/8 wire to 12V const. still get the same thing ?
smokeman1 
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

Are your parking lights falshing? If so how many times? 

Have you tried putting a key into the ignition and then tried to remote start? Bypass Issue? 

Is the 5101 in automatic or manual mode?

kreg357 
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Smoke, Passlock2 on that truck...

Ryan12, is the DB-ALL flashed with the correct firmware and did it program properly to the truck as per the DB-ALL install guide?

Here is a link to the 5101 Install Guide :   https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=830

Use it to do the Shutdown Diagnostics and determine your current no-start problem.

Soldering is fun!
ryan12 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the db all has the right firmware installed and I have the install manual and hooked everything up as the manual describes but it is very vague I'm just wondering if anyone has installed this model on their silverado and if so how is it hooked up because I can't seem to get mine to perform the remote start function
kreg357 
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Sound more like a Viper problem.  How many times do the Parking Lights flash with a failed remote start?
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic