icon

2011 Hyundai Sonata Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shermer321 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2015 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Replaced relay and unlock works great. Nothing on the unlock. Any idea on what wire is to arm or lock?
shermer321 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2015 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Fixed it. For those wondering you need to use the arm output on the remote start system, not the unlock output. Who knew... My wires were different colors but the locations were still correct.
shermer321 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2015 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Fixed it. For those wondering you need to use the arm output on the remote start system, not the lock output. Who knew... My wires were different colors but the locations were still correct.
shermer321 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2015 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Last question I swear... I have the status programmed as tachometer with it learned and the car starts then shuts down on over rev. I seen on another forum where someone said to try and rev the engine while learning to keep it above. Is this the best option or the recommendation? Virtual works perfect..
shermer321 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2015 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Last question I swear... I have the status programmed as tachometer with it learned and the car starts then shuts down on over rev. I seen on another forum where someone said to try and rev the engine while learning to keep it above. Is this the best option or the recommendation? Virtual works perfect..
sceva2 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2015 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
I tried the wired tach connection on my Sonata initially, but it would start then stop. I tried learning the tach signal several times and the blue LED on the Control Center usually did not give the correct response. I kept trying until I got a good response and it worked about a day then started shutting off again. I changed the settings to use the virtual tach, learned the signal, and it has worked fine since.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2015 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
Virtual Tach works well on some vehicles.  Strange that the Viper couldn't sync up with a coil wire.  If Virtual Tach performs
OK, stick with it.  The only thing you lost was Over-Rev Protection.  If you have issues, you could try going to one of the Fuel
Injector wires.    Tachometer     Green, White, Blue, or Yellow (ac)      @ front of engine, Black 12 pin plug, pins 2, 8, 4, or 6
Soldering is fun!
kwd114 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2015 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
Read through all five pages and full of very useful information. One other question that I have before I tackle this on my car is the following. I am using a Avital 4103, and concerning the disarm, lock and unlock. The GREEN/ black from the RS will double pulse the orange and brown. This will unlock the doors. Do I need to hook up the unlock wire on the RS? Also will the lock rearm the factory alarm. And last but not least, would the alarm be set off on a trunk pop or will the RS disarm prior to that as well. Thanks again for all the great info.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

For the 2011 GLS in this pictorial, a double pulse unlock signal, diode split going to the Orange & Brown wires shown did

unlock all doors and disarm the Factory Alarm system, if it was set.  A simple Lock connection to the shown Lock wire will
only lock the doors, it won't set the Factory Alarm.  You have two choices with the Factory Alarm Arm, follow the DEI diagram
using a relay to momentarily open the Brown Lock Detection wire, or use the door lock button on vehicle exit if you want to set
the alarm.  The DEI TechTip 1300 has a nice diagram of the required connections.   A remote start-up while the Factory Alarm is
on will not trigger an alarm, it just watches the doors, trunk and hood.

If the trunk is popped before the Factory Alarm is disarmed, the alarm will be triggered.  Not sure how the Trunk Release works

on the Avital 4103 system.  The Compustar and Ultra Start systems that I typically use do a door unlock / disarm as part of the
trunk release.

Soldering is fun!
sceva2 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if it matters to others, but my remote will not open the trunk unless the doors are unlocked. I don't mind, but it was perplexing until someone suggested that some cars will not open the trunk when the doors are locked.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic