icon

Viper 5704 Blue Led Stays On

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ahaulss 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
So I installed the viper 5704 on my 99 ford f-350 & the alarm works great, power-locks, remote start, etc. only issue I have is that the led light on the antenna stays on 24/7 & is irritating when I drive at night... Any ideas?
383 boosted camaro
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
If it is lit solid then it's in valet mode, otherwise not in valet mode it should flash when armed.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
Try pressing the F (function) button twice and the the UNLOCK button.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
To exit valet mode, turn ignition on then off and press the valet button once. LED should shut off and resume normal operation.
ahaulss 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry non of these helped... if it was in valet wouldnt the alarm not function?
383 boosted camaro
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2013 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
Correct. Valet mode allows you to lock and unlock the car but will NOT arm the alarm system.
izombi82 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2013 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
I also have this issue but its not in valet mode, went through the steps mentioned above and it turns the valet mode off and I get confirmation of that via HD remote yet the light stays on. Could this be a bad unit?
izombi82 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2013 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
izombi82 wrote:
I also have this issue but its not in valet mode, went through the steps mentioned above and it turns the valet mode off and I get confirmation of that via HD remote yet the light stays on. Could this be a bad unit?
UPDATE! Apparently nobody knew the answer so I ordered a new brain box and that fixed the problem, curiosity got me so I opened the old one up and found a burnt circuit in the form of a black bubbled up pin hole in one of the chips, I suspect I sent positive current through one of the negative hook ups (dome light) because that was the only circuit that did nothing when I tested all of them. I suppose I could've disconnected the blue light and been fine but im glad it all works now and a replacement box was pretty cheap. everything else still worked including the black button on the antenna. So there you go.
ckhaustralia 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Was the "burnt circuit in the form of a black bubbled up pin hole in one of the chips," repairable? I think I have the same problem, didnt know you co9uld order just the brain so have ordered a hole new system off ebay which came in around the $200ish mark!!!!!!!
tron77 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2016 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
Exit valet mode by, pressing the F-function button twice and then pressing disarm button.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic