icon

alarm/keyless info for 2011 kia soul?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
firebirdude 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
Base model. Power windows and locks, but no keyless. I've noticed info for the 2010 and 2012 vary greatly, so I'm a little curious as to what I'm actually going to find.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
Here is what I show:
12volts      white (40A)      +      ignition switch, black 6 pin plug, pin 5
Starter      blue      +      ignition switch, black 6 pin plug, pin 1
Second Starter      N/A           
Ignition      pink      +      ignition switch, black 6 pin plug, pin 6
Second Ignition      N/A           
Third Ignition      N/A           
Accessory      white      +      ignition switch, black 6 pin plug, pin 3
Notes: May need to relay isolate this wire to prevent starter grind upon key take over. See Tech Doc 1077 for wiring information.
Second Accessory      yellow      +      ignition switch, black 6 pin plug, pin 4
Keysense      blue      +      ignition key switch, white 6 pin plug, pin 3
Power Lock      brown      -      driver kick, harness to rear
Power Unlock      green      -      driver kick, harness to rear
Notes: To unlock the driver door only, use brown (-) at the dash fuse box, rear, white 20 pin plug (MD), pin 1.
Lock Motor      red      5 wire      dash fuse box, rear, blue 16 pin plug (FH), pin 2
Unlock Motor      blue      5 wire      dash fuse box, rear, blue 16 pin plug (FH), pin 11
Parking Lights+      GREEN/ black (L), yellow/black (R)      +      dash fuse box, rear, blue 22 pin plug (FI), pins 17 and 16
Parking Lights-      pink      -      headlight switch, white 13 pin plug, pin 1
Hazards      blue/black      -      dash fuse box, front, white 18 pin plug (MA), pin 4
Turn Signal(L)      green      +      dash fuse box, rear, blue 22 pin plug (FI), pin 7
Turn Signal(R)      blue      +      dash fuse box, rear, blue 22 pin plug (FI), pin 6
Reverse Light      green      +      above driver kick, white 23 pin plug, pin 3
Door Trigger      green      -      passenger kick, white 26 pin plug, pin 9
Dome Supervision      blue      -      driver kick, harness to rear
Trunk/Hatch Pin      orange      -      driver kick, harness to rear
Hood Pin      N/A           
Trunk/Hatch Release      pink (rear handle switch)      -      passenger kick, white 26 pin plug, pin 10
Power Sliding Door      N/A           
Factory Alarm Arm      brown (key lock), yellow (lock/unlock detection)      - and open      driver kick, white 26 pin plug, pins 24 and 23
Notes: See Tech Doc 1300 for wiring information.
Factory Alarm Disarm      gray (key unlock), yellow (lock/unlock detection)      both -      driver kick, white 26 pin plug, pins 13 and 23
Notes: See Tech Doc 1300 for wiring information.
Disarm No Unlock      see factory alarm disarm           
Tachometer      green, blue, white, or gray (1.6L)      ac      any fuel injector, gray 2 pin plug, pin 2
Notes: On 2.0L models, use blue, white, or gray, behind the oil filler cap, black 6 pin plug, pin 1, 2, or 3.
Wait to start      N/A           
Brake Wire      RED / orange      +      above driver kick, white 23 pin plug, pin 22
Parking Brake      GREEN/ orange      -      dash fuse box, rear, blue 22 pin plug (FI), pin 12
Horn Trigger      gray      -      above driver kick, blue 39 pin plug, pin 29
Memory Seat 1      N/A           
Memory Seat 2      N/A           
Memory Seat 3      N/A           
Interface Modules: Not Available

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
You will need the Relay cause it will grind on KEY Takeover. Wire one in and you will not have a problem..
firebirdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
Here is what I show:
Thanks. Looks easy. Hopefully all pans correct when I dive in.
lucasoil4u wrote:
You will need the Relay cause it will grind on KEY Takeover. Wire one in and you will not have a problem..
Not doing remote start, but thanks.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
(it2010 -13 is the same wiring I've done a bunch the 13 doesnt need the relay but your 11 definitly will   for the locks I use RED / orange and blue/orange at the 20 pin plug on the back of the fuse box but you need to split the unlock wire with a and go to the 2 turn unlock relay which is brown in the same plug (test by putting red lead on 12v and the black lead on suspect wire and turn the key in the drivers door 2 times and the meter should read 12v)
The reason for using the 2 turn wire is the locks go to sleep after about a min and wont unlock the car with the aftermarket remote or the door panel switch
Also the horn is gray in the 39 pin blue plug (its the connector closest to you) above drivers kick panel and brake is pink in the same plug
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
firebirdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
but you need to split the unlock wire with a and go to the 2 turn unlock relay which is brown in the same plug
Can you make this part a little more clear please? I know the Soul I'll be working on has the 2-turn unlock feature in the door locks. Are you saying split the unlock wire from the alarm into two and wire it to both the regular unlock wire and a 2-turn relay in the same plug?
firebirdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Split with a what?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
I assume two diodes, 1N4004, bands towards alarm.
firebirdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
That's all I could imagine. Just looking for clarity as it seems some words were left out there.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2012 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry yes 2 diodes. On my phone sometimes it's hard to reread my post
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic