icon

2001 chevy tahoe r.s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
Last weekend I installed a CM-4200 one way remote start(Compustar) on this vehicle. Everything works fine,except when asked to remote start. The vehicle will crank over but will not run. Im using a PLJX by express kit to bypass the passlock 2 system.   I belive everything is wired up fine. I have the unitin Tach mode. Using the Tach wire from behind the Insturment cluster(white wire) it reads 6.9 volts (ac) at idle.   
   Just wondering if there is something ive missed in the menu.   Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Did the voltage fluctuate with the RPM? Was the unit able to learn the tach signal ok?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2013 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged  

Could be a Passlock2 problem.  Passlock2 will cut power to the fuel pump if the correct resistor code is not received.  This will

allow the engine to crank, and even fire briefly if there was any fuel remaining near the injectors. 

The PLJX Install Guide is confusing.  The correct diagram for your Tahoe is on Page 6 but also includes wiring for the VATS system.

The PLJX jumper must be in the "B" position.  Did you wait to connect the PLJX Brown wire to the CM4200 Black (-) 250mA Status Out (GWR)
wire untill after the programming was complete?

Soldering is fun!
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
The tach wire did learn fine.   My question is with the starter wire and the white Ign 2 wire. The only white wire and yellow wires i can find at the ign harness are small guage wires. (maybe 16 awg) I hooked up to them and it does crank just does not run. I have two vats wire one blue one black. ( They were in a black sleeve) I hooked the vats wire from the bypass to the black wire not the blue wire in the vehicle ,is that correct? Alsoe done one of these I believe I need to hook up the disarm wire from the R.S unit to the vehicle. The factory alarm goes off when doors are unlocked with the R.S unit. Thanks for you help. Its been a while since Ive done one of these.   Brian
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

VATS wires?  Does the trucks' ignition key have a resistor chip in it? 

I believe you have only the Passlock2 system.  The PLJX install guide is very

generic and the diagram for Passlock2 also shows the VATS connections that
are not necessary / possible with your truck.  The PLJX's Blue wire should only
connect to the Yellow Passlock2 wire.

Here is a photo of the Ignition wires in a 2002 Silverado.  They are about 12 Ga with the exception of the White IGN2 wire with is probably 14 Ga.  Yours should be the same.

2001 chevy tahoe r.s -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
You should know if the small gauge white wire was your ignition wire or not if you tested 2001 chevy tahoe r.s -- posted image. Don't every make connections without testing first. It could land you in a heap of trouble.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic