Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kjaikaran 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Only three more things I can think of:-
Pull the fuse at H1/1 for about 5 minutes.
Ground the green at H2/6.
Re-pair the remotes.
I got it working I ended up cutting off the switch and grounding both wires and it worked. I don't thinks that's what your supposed to do, but I'm not sure either.
Should I leave the h2/6 grounded or put it back to door trigger?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
We're out of synch, look at my last two posts.
kjaikaran 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
We're out of synch, look at my last two posts.
Thank you I really appreciate all the help.
I got everything working. I ended up doing as you suggested by cutting off the switch and grounding wires, and I hooked up the h2/6 to the dome supervisor and everything is working perfect.
Thanks again.
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Get a Bitwriter. Where are you at? I am able to Write anything in MN!
jmoore2002 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2016 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
I had the exact same problem, I could not enter program mode to pair my remotes. the -door pin wire from the vehicle was hooked up to the Retained Accessory Power (RAP) on the alarm system, but the actual -door pin status wire for the alarm system was not.
the procedure to enter the program mode is to open the door, turn ignition on and press the control centre button once, then hold till you hear a chirp. The door sensing wire was not hooked up so the procedure would not work.
I hooked the green H2/6 wire up to the same wire i used for the RAP, (which is the -door pin wire) and voila! the program procedure works every time. You could hook that green wire up to ground and try it out first. this wire however is the wire that tells the alarm that the door is open and sounds the alarm is someone breaks in while the system is armed.
Hope this post helps someone.
buddyle2002 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2016 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Open door, THEN:-
Process used for programming automatic:
1 ) turn car to ignition then off.
2) hold valet button until it chirps 3 times
3)Release valet push once release and then push and hold . On remote hit lock , it will chirp twice.
3) turn car to ignition then off and it should remote start
Would this instruction works on this Viper 4806 2-Way Responder LED Remote Start System? thanks.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2016 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
Yes it will for the Viper 4806(4806v).
mraballard 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2016 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Only three more things I can think of:-
Pull the fuse at H1/1 for about 5 minutes.
Ground the green at H2/6.
Re-pair the remotes.
Having the same problem. I installed teh viper 5704, dball2 with CHTHD2 harness.
All remotes (factory and viper) work to lock/unlock arm/disarm but the remote start gives me the 7-flash error. LED on control flashes when armed, nothing when disarmed. When I perform the process to enter feature programming mode, nothing happens, no chirps, no lights, nothing.
Should I Pull the fuse at H1/1 for about 5 minutes and ground the green at H2/6. I thought with the CHTDH2 harness I wouldn't have to connect anything other than the 12v and ground from the alarm main harness and the WHITE/ black and GREEN/ black from the CHTHD2 harness for the hood switch and parking lights respectively.
Please forgive my ignorance but what is H2/6? Harness 2, wire 6? How do I know which harness is H2?
Thanks in advance!
ajb
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2016 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
You can't enter programming mode with out the door trigger and ignition input to the unit so one of the 2 is missing.
It's labeled in the install guide Link here: http://pdf.ampire.de/viper/N5704_2011-09b_web.pdf
mraballard 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
Well my alarm and remote start seem to be working fine but I still have a couple issues. For now I do not have the hood switch or parking light wires connected from the CHTDH2 harness.
The remote start works with the factory remote, but not with the viper remote. That gives me the 7 click error which I think means that the alarm is set to manual transmission mode (MTS). But as I stated before I the control center is not reacting when I push the button after turning the key to ignition and then back off. I did connect the wire to the door trigger and the alarm sounds if the door is open, so I don't think the problem is that the alarm doesn't recognize the open door.
Please help!
ajb
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic