2013 Rav4 Remote Start with Keyless Entry Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
monti755 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Hello.
Maybe somebody can help me out. I have the same 2013 RAV-4 with automatic Transmission and I need the location or (-)Output of the Parking Brake switch not the hand brake. I already found the Hand Brake but I need the Parking Brake output. Anybody knows the location?
BR.
Anderson463 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2014 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
Kreg,
Thanks for the info. It took me a while to reply but everything went smoothly! Your write up was a great help!
Thanks,
Derek
frozen_ 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished this install on the same model 2013 rav4. Well almost finished, my valet key has not come in yet so I was testing with one of the remote entry keys and I could not get the car to start it would just crank. Can I use the remote valet key for now? Is there anyway to test is the 556UW is working besides trying the remote start?
Also I currently have the remote start/ keyless entry unit wired to the horn. But when using the factory keyless entry it doesn't beep the horn it has it's own slightly nicer and quieter horn. Any idea on how to wire into that instead of the horn.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 5:42 AM / IP Logged  

What Brand / Model remote start system did you use? 

Did you test your install by trying a remote start with a key inserted only ( but not turned ) in to the ignition switch?

While the tones produced by the Toyota RKE system are much better than a horn beep, I have not heard of anyone successfully getting an after-market system to integrate with the factory tones.

Soldering is fun!
frozen_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

What Brand / Model remote start system did you use? 

Did you test your install by trying a remote start with a key inserted only ( but not turned ) in to the ignition switch?

While the tones produced by the Toyota RKE system are much better than a horn beep, I have not heard of anyone successfully getting an after-market system to integrate with the factory tones.

Thanks for the reply!
I'm using a python 4104P remote start. If I put the factory key in the ignition and leave the key off the remote start does work.
Shane to hear that no one has figured out how to tie into the factory chimes.
Thanks again for the help.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the Viper 4104 H2/9 DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT wire going to the 556UW Blue wire?  This is the wire that
tells the 556UW to turn on and output the transponder chip info to the antenna for the RAV4 to see during a remote start-up.
Soldering is fun!
frozen_ 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
I do have that wired to the 556UW. Is there anyway to test the 556UW? I'll take some pictures tomorrow of the wire wrapped around the ignition cylinder to show you that.
monti755 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2014 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
Hello.
Need a Alternator Sensing output of this 2013 Rav-4. Anybody knows where I can Find it? No.9 Pin OBD-2 port doesn't work for me because it's only for tach sensing and not for alternator sensing. I'm using the battery indicator light output from the altenator for aternator sensing but the battery indicator light goes on when the engine is running, so I need another option. The (+)output must be 0-5V when key is on ignition and 8-14v when the engine is running.
kayden101 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if i missed it, but what products did you use for the install. i see the picture, but it is fuzzy on the model number.
Thank you, just got a 2013 and im interested in installing a remote start and need to know what i need to get.
Kayden
kreg357 
Posted: May 28, 2016 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
This Pictorial was on a regular H key RAV4. If you have a Push To Start ignition system on your RAV4 it's a whole
different ball game. Assuming a regular key 2013 RAV4, this Pictorial will be accurate. The parts used were a
Compustar CM6200-s Remote Start controller. The remote / antenna kit is no longer in production but a similar
model would be the RF-1WG9-SP kit. A Directed 556UW was used for the transponder bypass ( along with a spare key ).
The extra mini 12V 10 Amp relays can be found on EBay for ~$1 each.
However, after several years, there is finally a good bypass module solution for this vehicle from the 3 major
manufacturers. Considering the cost difference between a 556UW and a FLCAN ( $40 ) and the price of an extra valet
key ( $100+ ), I would go this route instead. It's even easier to install, just the ignition wires and the bypass
modules wires. Here is a link to the ADS AL-CA bypass module with the TL9 firmware. See the Type 4 Install diagram.
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-TL9/ADS-AL(DL)-TL9-EN_20160216.pdf
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic